Initial-D Fans...

NotStock88

If you didnt know already, the fifth stage has started and we are up to episode 9-10 that just aired earlier today, i am waiting for the torrent to be available but episodes 1-8 have been released and already English subtitled.

Check out the sweet preview to 9-10 - 09-10

Link to the fifth stage episode discussion/downloads - http://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=44541&st=0

I dont know why i get so excited while watching these anime cartoon races LOL. Its kinda like my starquest-itis, i cant quite explain it. I have been a fan since the first stage was released way back in the day. Call me a geek but I have EVERY episode.

Who else is hooked?

I am Chris, also an ID addict. .I was fortunate that I got into the series so far into it.. it was Netflix that had it all, well the majority up to the fourth stage so I was able to watch it all the way through pretty much. Right away it caught my interest and as each season progressed so did my interest. It's cool because there is actually a technical side of it like how turbo and supercharger applications differ and how "technique" varies depending on conditions and set-ups I don't know it's just awesome. Lol. .And so is Mako and her sil80 :lol:

Just like you guys I love that show. I started watching it on Netflix back when they had it. I watched every episode and loved every minute of it. I cant believe the fifth stage is out! im so stoked last night i just watched the Initial D: Special Edition on Netflix because thats all they have :( but i will also be torrenting this soon haha

Why dont you stream it instead?!.... go to

Animefreak.tv they have lots of anime and its free. Every thursday they post the new episode .I think 24 hrs after its realease on tv in jp

That has English subtitles?

• Like 1

Haha you young punks are lucky that the show is easily available now. Back when it first came out, and I had my first taste... I had to wait until the next week or two for the next episode. Season 1's battles were just killlllling me the way they built up so much suspense and made me wait lol.

As far as the game...

http://home.comcast.net/~Komeuppance/TwoNaHalf2.jpg

A "drift license" I used to measure my ground clearance of my framerail.

-Robert

Haha you young punks are lucky that the show is easily available now. Back when it first came out, and I had my first taste... I had to wait until the next week or two for the next episode. Season 1's battles were just killlllling me the way they built up so much suspense and made me wait lol.

As far as the game...

http://home.comcast.net/~Komeuppance/TwoNaHalf2.jpg

A "drift license" I used to measure my ground clearance of my framerail.

-Robert

lmao - i can say i honestly never saw the "drift card" - now i am jealous!

When I started watching the third stage was just released. I then proceeded to wait FOREVER for seasons 4 and now finally (YEARS LATER) season 5. I am stoked.

Edited by NotStock88

Thought you were talking about the arcade game :(

I like the game but never really pursued it, I didn't do very well.. was younger then and didn't even know what a clutch kick was lol.

Haha you young punks are lucky that the show is easily available now. Back when it first came out, and I had my first taste... I had to wait until the next week or two for the next episode. Season 1's battles were just killlllling me the way they built up so much suspense and made me wait lol. As far as the game...A "drift license" I used to measure my ground clearance of my framerail. -Robert

Good thing though because if it weren't I probably never would have seen it. I'm sorry you had to suffer though lol. I can hardly stand waiting a month for two episodes.

lmao - i can say i honestly never saw the "drift card" - now i am jealous! When I started watching the third stage was just released. I then proceeded to wait FOREVER for seasons 4 and now finally (YEARS LATER) season 5. I am stoked.

x2 on what I said in the reply to Robert. Luckily I go started with everything Netflix offered (up to stage 4) then only had to wait like a year or two for the fifth stage to come out but even that was tough! Aha.

• Like 1

I absolutely love this show!! Project D!! Favorite race was on the first season. Takumi vs reisuke. This show to me was a learning experience. It allowed me to want to learn more about racing techniques and forget about just hp and all that ricy crap. Thou its maily drifting. Many of the styles the use in racinlies to auto cross and even drag racing. I have watched up to episode 6 on YouTube. I didn't kno it was on 8-9 gotta catch up than lol.

You get them drifting at an initial D acrade machine, it works like a memory card to save your car and upgrades.

Another great show is Capeta, a young boy getting started in the racing world with kart racing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capeta

-Robert

You get them drifting at an initial D acrade machine, it works like a memory card to save your car and upgrades.

Oh dang that is alot of work. Are the machines like at a bowling alley or something? Sounds like a lot of screen time for a little card. I'm out. I may have to use a tape measure to check my subframe to street level clearance. All i have is a Oregon Drivers License ... wait ... ODL= Oregon Drifters License?? YAAAA BUDDY I AM IN THERE!!!