New member from Germany

Charged_GBH

Thanks for posting the pics, very neat to see the differences.

The trim plate around the radio and roll up cubby hole looks like its is one piece. Did it come like that? Ours was two trim plates, one for the radio and one for the cubby.

There is a piece of trim between the armrest lid and the coin tray. Is that upholstered? There were a US cars that came with that flat plate, but it was just plain plastic.

Again I have to thank you all for the nice welcome :) Never thought that this thread would catch so much attention.

As for the trim plate and roll up cubby hole: The euro Starions all come like this. Same with the piece of trim between the armrest lid and the coin tray.

Everything of the interiour is stock, except for the CD Player and the nav :)

Thanks for posting the pics, very neat to see the differences.

The trim plate around the radio and roll up cubby hole looks like its is one piece. Did it come like that? Ours was two trim plates, one for the radio and one for the cubby.

There is a piece of trim between the armrest lid and the coin tray. Is that upholstered? There were a US cars that came with that flat plate, but it was just plain plastic.

The roll up cubby hole lid is identical to what came stock in the '83 I believe. All three of my '83's had this along with manual HVAC controls.

Man, wish i had 3 Starions, too :) You don´t even find so many of them in the biggest car market on the internet over here.

By the way: How does the US HVAC controls exactly work? Never seen this in a european Starion. Is it just buttons or how does it work ? Would love to have this in mine.

US early cars had mechanical sliders. There were both full manual and an automatic version like what you have. Which version you got depended on trim level. The later US cars all had a digital control panel. The control panel feeds a seperate computer which controls the vent selenoids.

The mechanical/automatic system is a sweet bit of wizardry. I've never gotten to mess with one to figure it out, but the back of it looks really cool.