NikoFab Front Air Dam Group Buy: GP Closed

NikoFab

wooo a few more weeks

This is a new company they recently started using for the tooling. They do better work, and are usually a bit more expensive...but they are honoring the original price point they quoted me back in December, so that's nice. The tooling should take 6-8 weeks they said, but is definitely worth the wait for the better quality work.

6-8 weeks is not too bad for designing and machining time on something that big. Still excited though.

Oh yeah I'm exciyed too. I just wanted to make sure I was communicating real expectations!

Well I missed the group buy, but if you'll be able to start selling them piecemeal by the end of the year for $295, I will definitely start planning on that now. I just got mine tagged and insured today to replace my Lebaron as my daily, and the missing airdam is killing me every time I look at it lol.

Well I missed the group buy, but if you'll be able to start selling them piecemeal by the end of the year for $295, I will definitely start planning on that now. I just got mine tagged and insured today to replace my Lebaron as my daily, and the missing airdam is killing me every time I look at it lol.

Sweet deal. Yes the single order price will be $295...can't believe I'm going to be able to pull that off. The car gods are shining upon us. I think we should be able to start firing single orders in early Fall if all goes according to plan.

I'll start a third list on the original post for those who would be interested in a single order. It'll make it easier to track you guys down when the time comes.

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by NikoFab

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I may have missed them skimming to the end of this thread do you have any pics of the finished product?

lol yeah you missed alot...one of my OEM airdams is at the tooler right now so they can make the mold. as soon as i have some renditions from the fabricator i will post them up!

Ok gents, I received an email today from the fabricator with a digital file in pdf.

This is of one half of the airdam digitally scanned preparing for the tooling. This project is proprietary, so I won't release the entire rendition, but this gives you the idea.

Download and open the file once downloaded. Once opened, go to: Tools / Select and Zoom / Hand Tool

Then click on the object in the middle of the page and you can spin it, flip it, etc.

File can be found here: http://www.nikofab.c...nt-air-dam.html

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by NikoFab

Gentlemen,

Tooling for the airdam is completed. The rig goes to the fabricator this week to machine the mold. Payments for the digital scanning, tooling and media/material will be made on Monday, so your dollars are now being put to use! I will also be purchasing the mold outright with my dollars to ensure that we have a long term source for airdams.

We are close enough now that I will over the next few weeks be confirming addresses with each of you and establishing balances due (if applicable to you), as well as packing/shipping costs.

Cheers,

Nick

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

I have PM'd each of you regarding your shipping addresses. Most of you have replied (thank you) but I'm still missing thirteen of you. Please try to get me your information as soon possible so I can start working on getting shipping/packaging costs together for you.

Cheers,

Nick

I'm not even involved in this purchase, but I still check this thread almost daily for updates. Massive probs to you Nikofab for taking on a project of this magnitude, and doing it RIGHT! People on car forums everywhere could learn alot from you.
  • Like 1