crankshaft question

Starion871

You should be safe at 020, but without seeing the crank or magnafluxing I can't tell for sure.. if it has been badly overheated / bent/ then you might be best to replace it.. if it's more of a wear factor with very little heat damage then you should go for it... best to have the shop inspect it.

Dad

Ya I bought a crank from a member on here and found out it was 20 over. Machine shop said it may be to weak for a Turbo engine but I heard it may be fine at that spec. I just had to ask before it gets resembled. Appreciate the prompt posting now I can move ahead a little more confident!

You should be safe at 020, but without seeing the crank or magnafluxing I can't tell for sure.. if it has been badly overheated / bent/ then you might be best to replace it.. if it's more of a wear factor with very little heat damage then you should go for it... best to have the shop inspect it.

Dad

depends on the shop, i have a local shop telling me you "cant" turn a import crank, you have to replace it.

granted, i like the shop and their dyno, but wt.... really? bs lol

maybe i will mail you my g54 crank with spun bearing, and 2jz crank with spun bearing lol

depends on the shop, i have a local shop telling me you "cant" turn a import crank, you have to replace it.

granted, i like the shop and their dyno, but wt.... really? bs lol

maybe i will mail you my g54 crank with spun bearing, and 2jz crank with spun bearing lol

LOL, I would like to know what they base that reasoning on.

Now as I said before if it's burned badly or bent bad then replace it,

Dad