Clutch Master replacement help

860QuestTuner

I purchased a new aftermarket clutch master years ago from advance auto. Now the engine bay is painted and Im putting it back together I started to install the new clutch master and noticed the plastic cover with the tube for the resivoir is to big for the hose on the resivoir. The plastic tube is a little bigger than the o.d. of the hose on the resivoir. I checked the part number online and it's right. I tried swapping the master covers and the stock one is loose on the new one , like it's milled a bit more. Anybody else run into this? Is there another aftermarket that fits? I checked online and no other parts stores have one in stock near me to look at to compare if I just got a wrong part in right package.

Must be an Exedy...?? They fit Montero's of similar year as well, I'm guessing those were the cause of the difference. I had to use a combo of old parts and new parts, I think I used the old plastics but it fit alright on the master once that clamp was tight.

-Robert

it was a advance brand with bendix part #. I tried swapping the tops but was still loose with clamp tight. Does anybody have one right out of box? I will probally have to get a different brand and see maybe. Anybody know a brand that doesn't need to be modified?

Mine was an Exedy, and after swapping the top, it worked fine, should be able to purchase this locally at Autobone/Adavance.

If you want OEM stuff, it'll either be a Nabco or Tokico manufactured... usually sold under an older Napa brand, or Beck/Arnley brand. Beck/Arnley can be had for low low prices at Rockauto.com.

-Robert

Nice, no mods needed? Where did u get it? I see them on rock auto, I'll probally go with that and sell my other one when I find out what else it fits.

It was part# CM39475. It crossed with wagner F108152 , raybestos CMA39475 , and bendix 12071 for all to know.

awsome. Thanks guys