1989 Chrysler Conquest TSI SHP (vabeach/ hampton roads)

Gotariceburner

Name: Chris

Means of contact: pm

Price: $1800obo

Description:

1989 fiji blue chrysler conquest tsi SHP (aka mitshu starion esi-r)

sport handling package

PW/PL, A/C, Cruise

2.6l intercooled turbo

5sp manual

RWD w/lsd

SHP model with removable sunroof (no leaks) and 8 way adjustable struts, supposed to also have the stock 8' & 9' wheels however the aftermarket wheels pictured below (same size) are what was on it when i got it. Picked it up over summer, have replaced injector clips but still seems to have a vacume leak/ fuel issue (possible fuel filter/ pump, injector, vacume hose or dist./ timing off b/c seems to be running a little lean) From some research i'v found these are usualy easy fixes but can spend time on process of elimination with these cars. Like i said though car does run/ drive however wants to bogg when accelerating, not build boost and has a valve tap or timing chain guide chatter (poss. valve adjustment?). It does'nt smoke and sounds good but needs more tweaking time. I had intentions of keeping as wknd/ project car but was kind of an impulse buy for me b/c as much as i love the style and rarity of these cars i'm new to them and really wanted an older miata/ e30. title is clean & clear in my name but havnt tagged it yet so its in my driveway thus cant be driven to show (start it every couple days) Paint is faded but body is straight with only two or three dings and a quarter size spec of rust where drivers door rubs pillar, framerails look good. interior is really clean all pieces are intact just needs front floormats, only two small tears in drivers front seat but besides are just little worn due to age, no cracks in dash, pioneer headunit & speakers. Engine bay is pretty clean and mostly left stock besides an OHV pipe w/ turbonetics blow-off, 2 1/2" downpipe to 3" exhaust out a turbo muffler and some vacuum lines cleaned up/ replaced. thats about it may be forgeting some things but will add as i remember. the car is really clean overall has a march '13 inspection and alot of potential, would make a nice wknd project or dd after a few more tweaks. B/c of the timing and boost issue i would'nt recomend driving farther than 15-20 minutes so would probably need to be towed to be safe if you want to take the car Farther. Have another car and just moved to a place where i can really only have one car so no longer looking for trades. I am located at oceanfront. shoot me a email for more details or questions. Thanks, chris

New parts recently installed:

NGK plugs (gapped to oem spec)

Accell 8mm high temp wires

Coil & pick up

Bosch injector clips

New clutch installed back in 2010 but only has about 5k since (have reciept)

New Windshield

PCV valve & hose

Front brake pads (rear pads are in trunk)

New parts not installed:

OEM mitsubishi fuel filter

OEM T-stat w/ coolant flush kit

OEM oil filter w/ synthetic oil

Not so good/ known issues:

Paints faded

Needs rear tires

Exhaust hanger rattle

Ebrake cable tightened

A/C needs recharge to be ice cold

Speedo is off when driving

Coolant temp gauge needs to be hooked up

Needs new oem key made or lock cylinders replaced (have key to start but does not open doors)

Still needs some tweaking under hood and parts installed to be 100% but does run and move

Craigslist ad with pics untill i can figure out to post them here from ipad..

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/3422959440.html

Edited by Gotariceburner

Its a Conquest, makes a big differance. There were only 159 Starions imported in 89.

I'm not bashing you by no means ang good luck with sale.

I actually just copied and pasted from my CL ad for search button reasons but thanks for the info cause i did not know that. And to be honest i am not sure if they are the originial seats that came with car or not, they were in when i picked it up and function normaly

yes 87 seats but the car is an 89. rear shoulder belts, 88-89 steering wheel and HVAC controls. but mostly the belts is the giveaway for 89's unless someone did a swap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...