bigjohns 4g63 swap

Big John

• 1 month later...

transmission mount is installed now (i will get a pic this weekend) i don't like much now exhaust , drive shaft , relocate the battery, then bleed the brakes then DRIVE.

you did not use the r154 tranny did you? It looks like the w58, not sure if you mentioned if you were actually using it.

There are ribs you an see from the top of the tranny, yours has too many,

the r154 has 2 yours has 3 when you look at it from the left side. Nice swap BTW.

http://users.tpg.com...gearboxes2.html

Edited by lionbull

i got the battery relocated to the rear and i am in the process of building the drive line. since i decided to go with the GM 1330 yokes which are quite a bit bigger than the sq yokes i have to redo the rear plate. ironbull i am not quite sure which tranny i have. it is a supra and i thought it was a w58 with the steel center section but my boss (which is a supra nut) says its a r154. he builds them and races them so i am not sure. exhaust is the last thing then on the road!!!

i got the battery relocated to the rear and i am in the process of building the drive line. since i decided to go with the GM 1330 yokes which are quite a bit bigger than the sq yokes i have to redo the rear plate. ironbull i am not quite sure which tranny i have. it is a supra and i thought it was a w58 with the steel center section but my boss (which is a supra nut) says its a r154. he builds them and races them so i am not sure. exhaust is the last thing then on the road!!!

Big John,

w58 is not a bad tranny but it is no match for the r154.

I had to return one a few weeks ago because the guy who sold it to me(also a supra nut) said it was a r154.

It had the same center section. The trans was bolted to the back of the turbo 7mgte mind you.The link I posted will show you the trans from all angles. I checked here because I am considering a wide block 4g swap. I am not back here much on the swappers section.

Edited by lionbull