BLANK

koulbreeze

Wondering if this came from the factory like this?

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/koulbreeze/IMG_20121101_110220.jpg

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/koulbreeze/IMG_20121101_103837.jpg

Yes. There's splices like that through out the entire harness. Its why the stock harness is a total POS, they are ROTTEN, the tape is now all crap, the copper strands are all corroded, greasy, wet and awful resistance changes for the sensors and will change with temperature and movement. That's a crimp to a braided end that's just for a noise filter and on one end it goes nowhere on some connectors like the 02

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok its here, Ill install it on moday during my lunch break. Had another question, Could I be having a fuel cut issue? What is the fuel cut system intail like is it a part of the ECU or ETACS or is it stand alone? Could a faulty wire be telling it to cut fuel? Should I grab a FCD?

i have never seen a fuel cut but on a 86 i believe. only thing close would be when you out flow what the airflow meter is rated, i had issues pulling a 87 maf past 14lbs

Ok then what would installing this rrfpr tell me if not that the pressures dropping but the reason would be?

if pressure is dropping, then

1) restriction in fuel line somewhere

2) fuel pump is worn out, and not pumping full ability

3) stock fpr not restricting fuel pressure, meaning your running ~36psi all the time, and when you hit boost, the extra draw from the injectors is reducing pressure since the pump isnt being forced to keep up

its a 95lb pump, so if the stock fpr, which parts i believed were in the TB rbuild kit and that replaced although its 95lbs is pushing too much fuel causing the lean condition as shown of the A/F gauge, well super lean then super rich

it can be 95lb but 80gph, and wont pump enough, you need flow with the pressure. our stock pump is 130lph

its not pushing 95lb just because thats what the pump is rated, unless you completely block off the return line, but thats also an easy way to burn up the pump running it like that for a long time

out of curiousity, has the timing chain ever been changed? when parked, is it left in gear?

if you get the spare chance, pull the valve cover, put the crank timing marker at "0" on the timing cover mark, and check the cam gear dowl pin, should be between 11:30 and 12

im starting to wonder if the chain jumped a tooth, your timing light only sets by where the distributor is, which is lined up with the cam. so it could be 12 degrees to advance or to retarded.

just a possibility that hit me a short while ago

i would double check it just incase

one other thing i would check, cylinder compression with a compression gauge (i dont remember reading about it in the thread)

its possible the heat may have cracked a ring, or ringland, and now it got worse, lowering compression causing the miss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Turns out when i rebuilt and replaced the TB and injectors I missed the old Injector O-Ring boots, leaving them in by accident, they had an ok seal but after a while the 2 boots dried out it opened a hole. Thanks again for all your guys' help

That will definetly cause problems.

Bill