S.M.B AKA Chris Birdsong .

SOTTY

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post up any new links to this if you guys find them, so we can flag em until Scotty has a chance to get what is his.

BC_99

all over it sir. keep in mind that just one flag won't do it. CL has to see multiple flags on most posts to remove it.

Sad when something like this and Josh Hanson happens.....We are such a small community that when we get screwed its hard to take....GL with whatever happens....I never got my money or CF from Josh...lol

is this the same guy???

1983 starion or conquest cowl hood - $350

http://lasvegas.crai...3175119410.html

mitsubishi starion / conquest aluminum radiator - $250

http://lasvegas.crai...3175218959.html

starion / conquest 2.5" intercooler polished - $200

http://lasvegas.crai...3175227978.html

Edited by Nikolaya

Not sure of the particular local & state statues/laws regarding time, etc. But w/ regards to uncollected funds, collection of property, pretty sure, "any" return of funds would be based on receiving property back in original sale condition. But (1) step @ a time, & under these circumstances... I'd be let down & surprised if that was even brought into the picture. The best to you Scotty!

I disagree compleatly

Unless stated as non refudable or if you can collar the rat.

No henceforth or whereforths were stated I'd show you no way if they can be found.

If that was true then why did the good old boy disapear as you say the law is on his side?????

Maybe because you know so much about Joshy some one should visit you????

A lot of of us were guaranteed refunds by paypal but Joshy skipped town.

So unless you want some enemies I'd stay off of sore subjects

paypal protection didn't reimburse you?

I disagree compleatly

Unless stated as non refudable or if you can collar the rat.

No henceforth or whereforths were stated I'd show you no way if they can be found.

If that was true then why did the good old boy disapear as you say the law is on his side?????

Maybe because you know so much about Joshy some one should visit you????

A lot of of us were guaranteed refunds by paypal but Joshy skipped town.

So unless you want some enemies I'd stay off of sore subjects

I'm so lost now...who the hell is Joshy?

I'm so lost now...who the hell is Joshy?

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=104087&hl=josh&st=0

Actually somehow BOHO's comment got me started and The Rabbitt1 post I took out of context

so I retract my previous post.. but I still feel as strongly about the subject and no PayPal does not always come through as they promise

http://www.starquest...87&hl=josh&st=0

Actually somehow BOHO's comment got me started and The Rabbitt1 post I took out of context

so I retract my previous post.. but I still feel as strongly about the subject and no PayPal does not always come through as they promise

hey it's all good...i just got turned around a bit

Date 7 / 28 / 2012 7.48 p.m Chris Birdsong aka S.M.B via text to me " I don't know what you SQC guys are so excited about , this whole situation doesnt bother me one bit :lol: I think it's funny ! " .

Date 7 / 31 / 2012 10.46 a.m Chris Birdsong aka S.M.B via text to me "SOLD....sorry buddy LOL ! "

Date 7 / 31 / 2012 10.50 a.m Chris Birdsong aka S.M.B via text to me "I do give you an "A" for effort though".

Date 7 / 28 / 2012 7.48 p.m Chris Birdsong aka S.M.B via text to me " I don't know what you SQC guys are so excited about , this whole situation doesnt bother me one bit :lol: I think it's funny ! " .

Date 7 / 31 / 2012 10.46 a.m Chris Birdsong aka S.M.B via text to me "SOLD....sorry buddy LOL ! "

Date 7 / 31 / 2012 10.50 a.m Chris Birdsong aka S.M.B via text to me "I do give you an "A" for effort though".

HEY he sold your car, go reclaim it lol

Sadly the douche parted the car , it's was his only way out which i suspected he would , the engine went to one buyer , the rolling shell to another . , as one of the Vegas guys said to me last night " All Vegas SQS lead back to Scotty" which actually is kind of true , the car has a Nevada Lien on it so the poor fool that fell for his b.s is going to have to contact me and some point if he tries to registar the vehical .

The 83 hood he has for sale he ACTUALLY paid me for in full over a year ago , only after a heated conversation .

Personally i'm out monies owed on a 89 Conquest which he DESTROYED ! , A 88 Starion , a custom swaybar i paid $320 in full in January 2010 , yes 2010 ! a new 12 a turbo which i lent him to keep him going to work and back when he blew his own . I could go on an on .

I'm more angry at myself for being such a trusting fool , i really screwed up , i don't know what happened to Chris , he seemed a pretty smart and decent young man with great fabrication skills when i first met him , i'm more pissed about the header b.s than my own personal losses , especially the guy in P.R who contacted me privately seeking information on Chris , he sent S.M.B $550 and then got totally ignored ! he never even got a paperweight ! .

One other instance of many , he removed a Orthidox pulley from a engine he was rebuilding (now being rebuilt again by a competent engine builder) for another owner then installed it on his own engine , i asked him about it , he said the owner gave it to him , more B.S Chris...... YOU STOLE IT ! , this is what you guys who got screwed over are up against , i know legal action has been taken by two of you who contacted me privately , i wish you both and those who may take the same action good luck, my guess is he may be relocating , personally Botswana wouldn't be far enough away .

It amazes me how so many of you guys just lay down when someone takes your money.

I'm not laying down man , filed a small claims Monday , i'm very patient , got to go the legal route . ;)

I'd go get my car back and the buyer can take him to court for selling him goods that aren't his, he's just digging a deeper hole in reality. the engine you can't really prove unless it is the original block with the original vin numbering (assuming mitsu has that on these blocks.)

• 2 weeks later...
I unknowingly ended up buying some parts from him recently later to find this feedback thread and confirming with members of this community that it was indeed the same guy. I crossed my fingers and hoped I would not get ripped off. The package surprisingly made it to me very quickly. A part was damaged during shipping, I contacted him and asked for a partial refund of my purchase which he gave me after I sent photos as proof of damage. In my experience with him he has been a stand up guy and took responsibility for the damage even though he didn't have to as I had not paid extra to insure the package and damage was caused by the postal service. This is my first and only transaction I had with him which was very pleasant and smooth. Edited by verde2002

I unknowingly ended up buying some parts from him recently later to find this feedback thread and confirming with members of this community that it was indeed the same guy. I crossed my fingers and hoped I would not get ripped off. The package surprisingly made it to me very quickly. A part was damaged during shipping, I contacted him and asked for a partial refund of my purchase which he gave me after I sent photos as proof of damage. In my experience with him he has been a stand up guy and took responsibility for the damage even though he didn't have to as I had not paid extra to insure the package and damage was caused by the postal service. This is my first and only transaction I had with him which was very pleasant and smooth.

Just curious... how recently, & what parts did you purchase?

Just curious... how recently, & what parts did you purchase?

No blame intended regarding the purchase(s) by you from this individual, as you said unknowingly. Even w/ knowledge from this thread, it is a personal choice regarding purchasing an item from any individual. Perhaps, after reviewing this entire thread, your choice to deal with this seller may have been different; again a personal choice? Not sure if you have indeed followed this thread in it's entirety?

However, from the "tone" of the thread, the basis of this occurence to (1) of the most helpful, thoughtful, & giving individuals / long standing members of this site; as well as the obvious backing from members that transpired from it's original postings...

My suggestion: a feedback posting of this nature attached to this thread may not be considered appropriate IMHO. It's possible that it may have just ended up on this thread by the keying of the sellers name atteached to your feedback. It's great that you were taken care of by this individual, & actually had a "positive" outcome. Your choice to share this is of course yours. Just stating, that @ this time, & on this thread may not be viewed as the best medium for it, & perhaps as said couldn't be helped? As mentioned so very many times prior by so many: Just my humble 2.6 sense? ;)

Edited by kidjc