2003 Buick Renezvous brakes

vbrad511

My nephew's got an 03 that's got an odd pulsing going on in the brake pedal. It's not constant, usually when the car's moving slowly, almost stopped. Feels like the pedal does on a car when there's nothing left of the pads and the rotor's been wiped out, but the pans and rotors on this are fine. No ABS light, don't know where else to look. Ideas?

My 2000 GMC truck did something similar...ABS would pulsate at very low speed, like coming to a stop or slowing down, there was no ABS light on. and it did it randomly...Turned out to be rust buildup underneath the front wheel sensor. Cleaned sensor and its mounting surface and it went away.

low speed abs activation. without the proper scan tool its just a guess.

But go with the wheel straight and no hands apply the brakes and see wich direction the steering wheel pulls to. Then check the wiring on the oposite side wheel speed sensor. If there is not visible breaks or pulls in the wiring "part dart" says replace that wheel bearing. most of the time these are victim of bad bearing istallations where the wires rub on cv axle. Dont buy cheap bearings.

80% of the time this trick will point you to the right bearing to replace but i do not guarantee your results or the results of over the pc diagnostics .

with the proper scan tool (tech2) scan abs module and watch the signal drop out on a graph.