Lack of power, missfiring

starion1991

As most of you I swapped my 86 running gear in to my flatty shell. Now that ive ironed out most of the issues with it another one has poped up.

It seems to run pretty good sometimes and others it revs up pretty choppy and has a hard time getting up to speed. And the wierd thing is the problem is sort of random, sometimes it will fire up and run just fine but other times after I shut it off and start it back up it acts up. It hasent yet done it to me while I am in the middle of driving it. Just when it gets shut off and re started after I go into a store or somthing

it already has new spark plugs, cap, rotor, and wire, also I replaced all of the vacume lines and some of the intercooler couplers. Has a new vac advance and I had a shop clean and test the injectors out for me. Brand new fuel pump and filters including the one in the tank.

any suggestions on what I should do/look at next?

Coil?

Good thought. I bought a brand new Accel coil and installed it when building my turbo engine. When it was finally completed and running, I kept having trouble with it bucking and backfiring and the like. It was driving me crazy until I noticed one day that the coil was dripping some sort of fluid. Pulled it out and replaced it with an MSD. No more problems.