Air intake temp sensor installed into Magna plenum?

I previously had the GM intake air temp sensor installed on one of the intercooler pipes and it worked fine. Recently I've seen a bunch of member have drilled and tapped the Magna intake plenum to install the sensor in the flow of the throttle body. Are there any pro's/con's for doing either method? I'm kinda hesitant to remove the intake plenum again and drill and tap it versus just installing a bung into one of the intake pipes. Thoughts?

There is an adapter you can use to install it into a coupler as well. I believe I saw it on FrozenBoost website.

I did! I did!

http://www.frozenboo...5939e53f92155a2

This is kinda cool, but I think that it'll be one more thing to worry about getting sucked into the engine. The reason I'm asking is because I'm planning on redoing my intercooler pipes in the near future and I wanted to get feedback on what makes the most sense.

There is an adapter you can use to install it into a coupler as well. I believe I saw it on FrozenBoost website.

I did! I did!

http://www.frozenboo...5939e53f92155a2

ha, they say it right in the ad

however, the use of some epoxy on the nut is highly recommended since the nut falling off could have disastrous consequences.

i would NOT use this product IMO

OBD2 cars have utilized air intake temp sensors in the intake piping for over a decade, it is simple, effective and unlikely to be skewed by intake manifold heat soaking. Just keep it close to the throttle body to be sure you aren't gaining or losing temperature through the intake piping that isnt being accounted for. ALTHOUGH, that temp difference would be almost 100% constant and if you tuned for it once it would be unlikely to change. Sort of like an rpm switch that kicks on with an incorrect tach signal. If the signal is incorrect every time then it wont matter what you set it at if it gets you the desired result. A manual boost controller works on the same concept of a skewed, but consistent reference.

I have mine in the intake manifold and the manifolds heat soak, thus giving you an inaccurate reading at small throttle angles. it reads normally when lots of air is going by, but I'll most likely change it to the pipe before the TB.

unless you have a thin wall sheet metal intake, put it in the IC pipes. Those thick cast intakes like the magna and mose OEM intakes have a lot more thermal mass, they will heat soak the sensor as stated.