Barn Find 1988 Quest TSI 18,500miles

Once upon a time... I had a 68' SS Camaro that I rebuilt/restored for my wife (I think she was then, all a blurr now; cept for the car) Absolutely beautiful, factory blk interior, shoulder belts had never been down. Bunch of other great details, LadeeDa, LadeeDa. Had it in the paper for sale, tons of calls, people coming out to see it. All "No Shows" that Sunday. Went out in the morning to get in my 77' Z28 & head oof to work. Passed by the SS... looked a bit strange... looked/focused, hanging from my slightly raised hood was my bright shinny chain & padlock... w/ the front clip missing! WHOA! Someone did come to take more than a look @ it that night! I had it insured as a classic restored hot rod vehicle, not mentioning the custom trans & totally rebuilt engine fully dressed out. The insurance adjuster came out ( G_ _ _O) wanted to total the vehicle for $780? The interior alone was worth $2500. Took me 6 months of "arbitration" (fine print in policy) to get this money. Argued it wasn't a classic look SS w/ the traction bars & Superior five spoke chrome wheels. Gotta love those insurance companies... didn't mind my extra charge for insuring it, until it came time for a claim. (the only claim I had w/ it) Sold it! (Like many of my old hot rod?/classic?... wish I had them now! Unlike the wife, I think it was?) :o

Im curious, why is it that you type in those blue italic font letters? I enjoyed reading your story but with that text it was quite hard.

Edited by tankbob

• 2 weeks later...

I had a 87 tsi in 92 and the dealers of mitsubishi and chrysler didnt know how to work on them.

I had the same issue----bought my 87 in 92 used from a gm dealership and right away starting haveing issues---the gm dealer had it for a week before they sent to the mitsubishi dealer and the mitsu dealer said the car had ECU problems---needless to say between the two dealerships they put 3000dlrs worth of parts on a car i paid 7000bucks for---lol

gig out

Save yourself the trouble. Send it to the crusher so China can make another buck off us. At least at the end of the day you will be spared the backache.

Quick...somebody call the WAAAHHHbulance!

Can Jimmy or Dr.K please block this retard?

-N8

I wonder if he got his 15 grand for it or decided to keep it? the ad has been removed.

Its here now.

http://louisville.cr...3023099798.html

Following is text content from ad:

Fiji Blue 1988 Conquest with 18,600 miles - $14000 (Carrollton County, KY)

Date: 2012-05-30, 11:38PM EDT

Reply to: r8pwn-3023099798@sale.craigslist.org

Recently discovered this 1988 Chrysler Conquest with every possible factory feature and still all original.

Turbocharged 4 cyl engine with Overhead Cam.

Automatic Overdrive Trans with Steering Wheel Push Button Controls

18,600 original miles,

Hidden Headlights, Air Conditioning, Black Leather Interior

Factory Performance Wheels & Tires

perfect body and interior.

Factory stereo with the 6 speaker option

Front Spoiler

No other pictures available.

Contact Patrick

Name or Phone Only! Shown by Appointment Only!

Edited by nerdbouy

• 1 month later...
What was, is no more....... Getting a quest for whats reasonable is going away....You maybe can for a bit longer, so long as collector value is lost for some. You sure can get better cars for less money, but as these cars go by way of attrition, there value is rising, just as there comparable likenesses shrink. While this owner overrates its value some, its true the insurance companies will not...is all the more reason to treasure your girl...and....buy those ones that you come across cheap.