This is why I will not suggest my MAF-Translator (2.02) dial settings to memberss.

Caliber308

Yesterday I took my car out of storage. It has been garaged since October 2011. The outside temp. was 36 degrees. I let the car warm up to operating temps. The Wideband Gauge read 11.0 at Idle. So, I decided to lean it out a little to 12.0. It idled fine. This morning it was 40 degrees outside. Fired the car up and let it warm to operating temps, prior to driving it to work. Wideband Gauge reading at hot idle: 12.5. Drove it 11.5 miles to work and after I got there and let it cool down, Wideband reading at Idle: 13.5. And here is the kicker....Got off at 4 pm. The outside temp. was 87 degrees. Let it warm up and the hot idle was 13.5. Drove it appox. six miles, stopped at a stoplight...The Wideband Gauge read 14.7 and the car idled like crap. So, now you know why I will not suggest Dial settings on the 2.02 MAF-Translator. Tomorrow, back to my old Idle setting. Better a little rich at Idle ;)

P.S. I know big outside temp.swings effect the Translator. And I run a Roller Camshaft, which makes my car Idle better richer. Those two reasons and others is why I don't give out my Dial settings. Others who give theirs out might be doing a disservice to the member who asks what their settings are. Each car performs differently. One dial setting does not fit all Starquests.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

I agree, every car is different, and even if your mods and build are identical, chances are the settings will still be slightly different.

Plus it's SO EASY to tune these things if you have that wideband

Agreed. If you just follow the MAF-Translator instruction manual (TO A POINT, I stopped reading at page 4. The rest of the manual pertains to DSMs) coupled with a Wideband Gauge, no one would ever have the need to ask what other members Dial settings are.

...then you guy get a Translator-Pro and throw everything out the window. :P I love it and hate it at the same time, mostly watching my car burn through 50% more fuel than it should be showing that it's running lean.

Yesterday I took my car out of storage. It has been garaged since October 2011. The outside temp. was 36 degrees. I let the car warm up to operating temps. The Wideband Gauge read 11.0 at Idle. So, I decided to lean it out a little to 12.0. It idled fine. This morning it was 40 degrees outside. Fired the car up and let it warm to operating temps, prior to driving it to work. Wideband Gauge reading at hot idle: 12.5. Drove it 11.5 miles to work and after I got there and let it cool down, Wideband reading at Idle: 13.5. And here is the kicker....Got off at 4 pm. The outside temp. was 87 degrees. Let it warm up and the hot idle was 13.5. Drove it appox. six miles, stopped at a stoplight...The Wideband Gauge read 14.7 and the car idled like crap. So, now you know why I will not suggest Dial settings on the 2.02 MAF-Translator. Tomorrow, back to my old Idle setting. Better a little rich at Idle ;)

P.S. I know big outside temp.swings effect the Translator. And I run a Roller Camshaft, which makes my car Idle better richer. Those two reasons and others is why I don't give out my Dial settings. Others who give theirs out might be doing a disservice to the member who asks what their settings are. Each car performs differently. One dial setting does not fit all Starquests.

Bill

Sound advice in my opinion-----I have mine dialed in where I am happy yet still tweak it here or there depending on outside temps and ofcourse every setup is different in some way---but I wont tell anyone my settings- :ph34r:

gig out

my mpi car likes a little fatter idle as well.. get to 14.7 or 15.0 and it starts wanting to surge and jump around. 13.5 runs great

my mpi idles at 14.7 all day no jumping or surging. Base pressure is 50psi and I have ID1000cc injectors on e85.

Mine just dont like it, we tried alot of different things, it likes it a little fatter.

edit, lat time i got it closer but its still 14.0 range lol

are you on e85 or 93 pump?

just to get my car to idle like a stock car they used up almost a full tank of fuel lol. They changed the oil after.

Edited by lionbull