National Cornbread Festival April 28th-29th South PIttsburg TN

MainstreaM

At the end of the month it will be time for the National Cornbread Festival. Tons of stuff to do for the whole family, lots of food, vendors, street performers, street dance, music, cookoff's, carnival, and a classic car show. I will definitely be there although not in a quest. I'm going to try my darndest to have my 66 Rambler running, stopping, and bagged for this event. Proceeds from the car show usually go to some type of cancer research charity. It's not always on the website but Friday night is a street dance and sometimes another on Saturday night. There are two restaurants downtown that serve Adult beverages of every kind and it's OK to take them outdoors so long as it's in a red solo cup. ;) Since it's about two hours for the Huntsville, Nashville, Knoxville, and Atlanta guys, you should make this and bring the mrs. and kiddies. Since the spring driving meet doesn't happen anymore maybe this one can take it's place and it will be more family oriented than the old Scottsboro meets (who was really having fun on those meets, driver or passenger). If this proves to be a well attended event this year, I will work towards making it more official and structured next year with maybe some driving through the local mountains in the spirit of the old Scottsboro meets.

More info on car show here:

http://www.nationalc...c-car-show.html

National Cornbread Festival general info:

http://www.nationalcornbread.com/

Thanks guys,

Kane

Post up if you'd like to attend, copy and paste to the bottom of your reply.

1. MainstreaM (Kane)

Edited by MainstreaM

The reason I'd like a tally of for sure people attending, is that I know the owner of the Dixie Freeze very well. I might be able to get some car show spaces reserved that are adjacent to each other.

Kane

Edited by MainstreaM

Looks good man. I am going to try my hardest to get a SQ running by then, but if not we will take the wife's CR-V :-)

1. MainstreaM (Kane)

2. Minagera (Matt) + Wife and Son

Edited by Minagera

As of now, I have no plans for that weekend, so count me and my girlfriend in. I've been to the Cornbread Festival a few times in the past, and actually ran into Kane at the last one I attended. I had no idea the Lodge cast iron company was only open to the public for that weekend only, and no other time in a year. I'd like to tour it.

1. MainstreaM (Kane)

2. Minagera (Matt) + Wife and Son

3. Josh '88 (Josh & girlfriend)

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be pulling the front cover off this weekend to check for low oil pressure problems. May do the BSE also. It's the normal fix one thing and something else goes. Cathy went a few years ago and had a great time. Bought a bunch of cast iron stuff. BTW, I learned to drive in a 1966 Rambler Station wagon on the streets of Murfreesboro, TN. Three in the tree and an am radio. Dad drove that car for years. Have a good time and safe drive!