What should I consider when purchasing a flex section?

Im looking at buying a flex section for my exhaust but frankly I don't know if there are any specific things I should be looking for when I purchase one. If you have any thoughts or experience with this let me know.

Thanks for your time

FYI, I want to focus on performance so keep that in mind.

Allen

EDIT: So this is one I found on ebay, any thoughts on its effectiveness?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-2-5-X-6-X-10-Exhaust-Muffler-Flex-Pipe-/290584611456?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a8314a80&vxp=mtr#ht_4680wt_1180

Edited by speedyquest

That one looks good. I think it's a great idea to have so the bolts going into the turbo and the turbo itself aren't the only things absorbing the motion of the exhaust. If you really stabilized the whole exhaust, it might be fine. If you only have a couple hangers at the back, it's probably better. Mine is at the lowest point on the exhaust (unfortunately) and it's clear that it's been rubbing the ground over bumps and what not. That's another reason why it's good. If you bottom out on a speed bump, the flex section deals with that.

Treadstone makes good stuff

i agree to an extent. I would beware of their v-band clamps. I snugged the nut up 1 time and it stripped when I loosened it the first time. I had to cut it off and was out roughly 30bux and i never even ran the car with it on. They refused to even help me out with purchasing a new one - They offer no warranty on their clamps and its sad.

you need to use antisieze on any stainless threads or they gaul and strip the first time you use them. I's a quirk about stainless fasteners many don't know till it's too late.

• 2 weeks later...