Rebuild kit?

Plugged up exhaust

Wrong ignition timing

Dead fans

Wrong concentration mix of coolant/water

Wrong pressure radiator cap

Dirty radiator core

Grass and bugs between the radiator and a/c condenser.

Missing air dam and air guide

Too large intercooler blocking air flow up to the radiator (air doesn't come through the "grill")

Why would you think a motor that runs hot needs rebuilt?

Is the oil cooler plugged up?

The thermovalve in the oil filter adapter stuck closed?

Look at this and scroll down till you hit the cooling system. Excellent guide:

http://www.starquest...showtopic=66449

I think this should be pinned up to the top or placed somewhere in the newb section (pinned though). It took me awhile to find it again and its a great reference!!

Edited by john82wa

I fixed half the problem of rough and hot. I had a leak in the water pump gasket that only became a visible problem when it was running.

Plugged up exhaust Wrong ignition timing Dead fans Wrong concentration mix of coolant/water Wrong pressure radiator cap Dirty radiator core Grass and bugs between the radiator and a/c condenser. Missing air dam and air guide Too large intercooler blocking air flow up to the radiator (air doesn't come through the "grill") Why would you think a motor that runs hot needs rebuilt? Is the oil cooler plugged up? The thermovalve in the oil filter adapter stuck closed?

Everything is mostly stock (radiator cap, intercooler, etc.) fans are hot wired to a switch i can flip on and off, no thermostat but im putting one in soon, has air dam and guide, timing is as close as we can get it and no one has been able to get it perfect, no grass or bugs, exhaust is clear, radiator shouldnt be plugged up i believe my father flushed it out. And i will have to check out all the oil system components when i replace the gasket, filter, and sensor.

I think it needs rebuilt because it has been ran hard since it last had anything done to it over all, so id rather be safe than sorry.

Edited by Seekerz

fans are hot wired to a switch i can flip on and off, no thermostat.

If there's no thermostat it will never cool down. The coolant flows way too fast. There's more heat coming from the engine than is being removed from the radiator. Its blown into the water jacket and now the only restriction is all the little holes in the block deck and when it gets to the radiator it just blasts right on through.

You aren't smarter than a sensor to turn the fans on and if they run all the time they burn up, overheat wiring and kill alternators.

Put it back together the way its supposed to be.

If there's no thermostat it will never cool down. The coolant flows way too fast. There's more heat coming from the engine than is being removed from the radiator. Its blown into the water jacket and now the only restriction is all the little holes in the block deck and when it gets to the radiator it just blasts right on through.

You aren't smarter than a sensor to turn the fans on and if they run all the time they burn up, overheat wiring and kill alternators.

Put it back together the way its supposed to be.

I plan to but i needed a vehicle and that was the quickest way to get one so thats what i had to do. Im in the process of getting everything back to the way is supposed to be. And the thermostat that was in the engine when i got had been messed with. Somebody had cut it apart, cut the spring, welded it back together and put it back in. I tried testing it and it didnt even work. But i have another thermostat im putting in later today. And the fans arent connected to the alternator I have them wired to the battery and a switch breaking the power so i can control them. I have another set of fans if these burn up so its all temporary.