Car is being really difficult starting

SunStreaker

So I have 12volt coming out of the ignition switch headed to the starter wire when i crank. It sends a steady like 10 or 11 at the run position right before turning the key to crank then sends 12. On the starter solenoid clip I only get 0.04volts. What is between the switch and starter? i know the switch is part of the control harness and the starter is part of the front harness. Where do they clip together? Edited by SunStreaker

the black/yellow start signal wire runs from the ign swt to the main relay also to the ecu , at the same time it continues thru the ecu fuel system harness to the start solonid , this does not mean the ecu uses the start signal for any thing but a map trigger , after the ecu recives an ign signal it then closes the main relays fuel pump relay side to maintain the fuel pump runing after the swt signal is gone

a simple inj tester noid light will tell you if the injs are pulseing, the ecu see's the ign signal at terminal #1 of the ecu connector

(white wire )

If it's not cranking, maybe you have a a bad or no ground to the engine. Jump a wire from the block or head or intake manifold to the chassis, see if that helps/.

the car starts if you jump the starter. its just not getting a signal to the starter to start.

the black/yellow start signal wire runs from the ign swt to the main relay also to the ecu , at the same time it continues thru the ecu fuel system harness to the start solonid , this does not mean the ecu uses the start signal for any thing but a map trigger , after the ecu recives an ign signal it then closes the main relays fuel pump relay side to maintain the fuel pump runing after the swt signal is gone

a simple inj tester noid light will tell you if the injs are pulseing, the ecu see's the ign signal at terminal #1 of the ecu connector

(white wire )

Is this true for a 86 and the car runs with the key in on and if I jumper the starter.

There are quite a few members that have experience with electrical gremlins…

but to make it possible for them to assist you , your profile on your vehicle should be filled in

to give your questions relevant answer, wire coloring is one of those variances

If you can start your automatic by bypassing the starter circuit with the key in the "ON" position

while using a remote bump start attached to the battery and starter solenoid your inhibitor switch needs adjusting or replacement.

86 starter wire that is 10 gauge was upgraded to 8 gauge in later models.

There are quite a few members that have experience with electrical gremlins…

but to make it possible for them to assist you , your profile on your vehicle should be filled in

to give your questions relevant answer, wire coloring is one of those variances

If you can start your automatic by bypassing the starter circuit with the key in the "ON" position

while using a remote bump start attached to the battery and starter solenoid your inhibitor switch needs adjusting or replacement.

86 starter wire that is 10 gauge was upgraded to 8 gauge in later models.

I can start the car normally by bypassing the inhibitor switch. Its a 86 flatty, im not using remote start just starting the car normally but I have a jumper on the plug by the firewall behind the throttle body that goes down to the trans.

I can start the car normally by bypassing the inhibitor switch. Its a 86 flatty, im not using remote start just starting the car normally but I have a jumper on the plug by the firewall behind the throttle body that goes down to the trans.

From what you are describing it might just be an ignition wire that by passes the inhibitor switch and is attached to the starter the inhibitor switch itself is wired into a relay in the left inner fender and those are powered by#2 fusible link panel.

If you need a service manual for your car upload from this link Conquest Garage

Can you start your car regardless of the position the (drive selector) control handel is in ?