Just started working on my conquest

Munra

Hey guys,

I bought this car almost a year ago and things have settled down enought for me to start working on it. For the most part this car was complete.

I tried starting it right of the bat didn't start but it atleast turned over. The fuel pump was bad so that was replaced.

I tore off the thorttle body last night and started to tear it down and rebuild it and to also replace all the screws with hex head bolts/screws. I will also send the injectors off for cleaning and testing.

I also just ordered new plugs (NGK 7031) and new wires. So I think I got a good start.

My first questions are pretty simple.

I tested the compression last night, I think its fine (As per reading some topics after a forum search) but I am not 100% sure, cycldiers read as follows

1-120 psi

2-113 psi

3-115 psi

4-118 psi

Edited by Munra

actually a 9v battery works better and less hassle. Just get some alligator clips and run one from each pole of the 9v battery to the 2 pins on the injector and it will open up. You can put a hose over the end and squirt brake cleaner directly into it.

• 2 weeks later...

actually a 9v battery works better and less hassle. Just get some alligator clips and run one from each pole of the 9v battery to the 2 pins on the injector and it will open up. You can put a hose over the end and squirt brake cleaner directly into it.

Thank you very much, that worked great. I get the injectors back from rc engineering tommorow. So I will complete the rebuild of the TB

My next line objective is rubber hoses. This car sat for atleast 8 years maybe longer. The hoses are brittle and well crap. What hoses do I have to replace and which can I just remove and plug? Would the parts manaul have the size of hoses that I need? Assuming ruber hoses and clamps would be easy to pick up at any auto store.