for sale....wondering value? 86 starion

DarksideDSM

hey guys. looking for imput on possible value of my car. Ok, its an 86 starion. originally red but black now, needs painted. powder coated shp wheels, black with polished lips. stripped interior, racing seats and 3" 4 point harnesses. 51k original miles.

mods: wideband aem, maft 3", 2.5" intercooler piping and intercooler, turbo timer hks, mookee sway bars and solid bushings, turbo back 2.5" exhaust, fuel cut defender, hid's, shortened stock shifter, new clutch and trans mount, new axles, fresh diff and tranny fluid mobile 1 synthetic, lowered on custom mounted 12 way adjustable qa1 coilovers, camber adjustment bar in the rear, msd blaster 2 coil, msd single stage rev limiter, boost gauge, 5" tack with shift light, 3 gauge pillar pod, ngk plugs and wires, ebay manual boost controller, running 16 lbs of boost, jet valves eliminated, new tires, and upgraded fuel pump not sure what it is cuz I didnt installit. it came with the car and I looked and found its not stock but has no markings. kinda looks like a walboro 255. and new brakes.

everything works and its always been an arizona car and has NO rust. If I left anything out feel free to ask. looking for what you think its worth or a buyer. so make offers if you want it. I'll try and post pics tonight when I get home. I have them on my home computer.

i wouldnt pay more than 100 bucks for it without pictures.

:D

but really this sort of thing is sort of what the buyer is willing to pay. Personally i havent paid more than 1000 for a conquest yet, but i dont buy running cars.. It all depends on what it looks like, how tasteful the mods look in the car, and if its what the buyer is looking for.

Ive seen them go anywhere from 1500 to 4000 in the condition you seem to describe.

Edited by Frenchi934

ok guys, got photobucket to work. this is the link to my album....

http://s1064.photobu...74/DarksideDSM/

these are bad pics and I have better ones on my phone. If you want more pics pm me your # and I'll text them.

its also lower than this now. these pics were pre-suspention work but the outside looks the same.

Edited by DarksideDSM

the hood is raised in the back to vent air from under the hood and allow more air in the front. like a cowl but not as ugly. Its just spacers between the hood and hinge. thing on the passenger side is a scoop I made that still needs finished. It draws air down onto the turbo. I personally like the headlight change. I dont like flip ups and they didnt work when I got the car so I changed it. Saves wieght and looks better in my opinion. I must dissagree with your price though, the car in perfect running order is worth at least 1500 and then all the upgrades. granted some people wont like what I did with the front end but thats easily and cheaply fixed. as far as everything else, Its all done in good taste and not just to my liking. plus you wont pay more than 1000 for a car that everything works, all these upgrades in all areas, and 51k original miles?!?! something is wrong with you. No disrespect but people like you who want it all for nothing is why I'm dreading selling my car. I mean, It has the original rear end and it has no visible wear yet, no build up of metal in the trans wich most trannys have and is normal...I know because I work at a reputable trans shop, and no build up of s*** in the motor. I took all the pans and covers off recently to check these things because I wanted to see how the 51k treated it. Personally, I would rather just keep it forever than let it go for less than 3500. I've been telling people that its for sale for 4500 and everyone thinks its a good price, but then again they have ridden in it and seen how it performs and can see the body in person. The pics are just the ones on my computer and not the greatest.

street value = 1600

sqc value, assuming you have interior and such to put back in, maybe 2000

craigslist sucker value = 3000

just mt 2c

the no marking fuel pump is most likely a advance/autozone replacement

just remember, you DO NOT get out of these cars what you put in, they are not those hondas you buy for 500, put 1000 in and sell for 3000. these are you buy for 1000, put 5000 in, sell for 3000

"powder coated shp wheels" Those are not SHP wheels... FYI. I would put a price of $2200 on it because it rust free driver. Honetly the 55 miles means nothing since it is hacked up. If it was bone stock with 55k niles I would say about $4000, IMO the mods have been done have depretiated the value greatly.

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u374/DarksideDSM/002.jpg

OOhhh, it has the Stage 1 Omni Mod. (sorry, I don't like what you did to the headlights at all, that's fugly)

http://www.dodge-club.net/graphics/gallery/full/840_1980-omni6.jpg

"powder coated shp wheels" Those are not SHP wheels... FYI. I would put a price of $2200 on it because it rust free driver. Honetly the 55 miles means nothing since it is hacked up. If it was bone stock with 55k niles I would say about $4000, IMO the mods have been done have depretiated the value greatly.

They are shp wheels. I have measured them and they all have the symbol on the front in the indented square.......like all shp's.....fyi. you could look harder at the pics but unless you could see the symbol from the pics, you cant tell the width or offset correctly.....obviously.

street value = 1600

sqc value, assuming you have interior and such to put back in, maybe 2000

craigslist sucker value = 3000

just mt 2c

the no marking fuel pump is most likely a advance/autozone replacement

just remember, you DO NOT get out of these cars what you put in, they are not those hondas you buy for 500, put 1000 in and sell for 3000. these are you buy for 1000, put 5000 in, sell for 3000

Thanks for your input. however, I'm not an idiot when it comes to value. I dont think 3500-4000 is bad. I have put quite a bit more into it than that not counting what I bought it for. And the pump has no markings I can see from the access panel which we all know doesnt show much.

I say its only worth what someone will pay for it. Put it on eBay (no reserve) and let the bidding begin. That is one nice thing about ebay cars, they will sell for what they are worth to the buyer :)

I will probably do that and see what happens. If It goes over what I want then I'll let it go. If not......I keep it. I love the car but I have other things I wanna do more.

For everyone else. thanks for the input. some of you dont like the specific body mods but I know a lot of people on here like the other guy who did an Iroc camaro headlight style to his and thats what I modeled mine after. An Iroc. some of you seem to have a big problem with my mods, yet when I have posted in other threads about my mods I get a lot of likeing. Im asking a simple question. If you dont have something that helps my question then be an a*************** somewhere else. Like posting a pic of a car that looks nothing like mine as a comparisson. Thats like posting a pic of a ferrari and an impala and comparing them cause they both have round tail lights. Dont make fun of my car because it shows how childish you are and it is a representation of my personal taste. I just want feedback that answers my question. And all my body mods are easily fixed to stock. Everyone wants to rant and rave about how awesome other peoples cars look with custom body mods like flareing the fenders more, or gullwing doors, or a targa top. but wanna call mine "Hacked". theres nothing hacked about my car. Theres no interior but trust me, Its better this way. the AZ sun was not nice to it and Its saved a LOT of weight. No one seems to complain at others about stripping theirs. There are a select few on this site that are truly helpfull........the rest of you are like grade school kids. "my friend did it and it was cool, but you arent my friend so when you do it its stupid" lmao grow up

Edited by DarksideDSM

Why do you ask for input from the forum and disagree with everyones analysis? You seem to know or think yo know exactly what your car is worth. If this car was in Socal you would get no more than $2000, I'm sure if it was in the East coast it will be worth more.

They are shp wheels. I have measured them and they all have the symbol on the front in the indented square.......like all shp's.....fyi. you could look harder at the pics but unless you could see the symbol from the pics, you cant tell the width or offset correctly.....obviously.

Ahh the ole "I measured them" line. The fronts I agree with you, you cant tell the difference. But the rears you most certainly can, they have a completly different offset and the 9" have a single step where the the 8" have a dual step down to the spokes. Prove me wrong please, I'm just tires of people thinking they have SHP wheels and marketing thier car as such.

And I stand behind my other comments. faded paint, cut up airdam, ect ect moded cars are not as valuable as stock ones especialy low mile ones.

thing on the passenger side is a scoop I made that still needs finished. It draws air down onto the turbo. I personally like the headlight change. I dont like flip ups and they didnt work when I got the car so I changed it. Saves wieght and looks better in my opinion.

theres nothing hacked about my car. Theres no interior but trust me, Its better this way. the AZ sun was not nice to it and Its saved a LOT of weight. No one seems to complain at others about stripping theirs.

A car with no interior looks great on the track... but even in a track only car it doesn't add value... and in a street driven car it looks ghetto and lowers the value. You have an unfinished home made scoop on your hood, and in the same thread claim that your car isn't hacked???

What you have on your hands is one of two things.... a track car with a good drive train OR a hacked up street car needing a restoration with a good drive train. In either case it is worth around $1500 with a good drive train... but I don't know if I trust the judgment of the person who doesn't consider this car hacked up to determine the condition of the drive train.

Before you go mentioning the low miles consider this: The interior was trashed so you removed it, the pop up headlights didn't work, so you hacked them up rather than fixing them... makes me wonder if the odometer works? Also, it sets the tone for any other "maintenance" that may have been performed while you have owned the car.

Good luck,

Keith

Sorry to have to continue the negative feedback,. but i doubt anyone will buy that SQ for over $1000. Its just too hacked up to be made back to original. I got mine with MPI and 63k miles for $2700. Mind you, my car is in damn great conditions. Just a few little things here and there like a cracked plastic.