Starquest and montero clutches

white quest ky

I read somewhere that the RX7 clutch kits are the same as the SQ, seing as how there are more options available for that model be worth a look. Not to mention that it maybe cheaper.

I read somewhere that the RX7 clutch kits are the same as the SQ, seing as how there are more options available for that model be worth a look. Not to mention that it maybe cheaper.

if this is true then HKS offers a dual disc clutch for the RX7, you guys may want to look into that, worked on a 600hp rx7 with that clutch, it was awesome..

This is true ACT lists the list numbers for the RX-7 clutch and the Conquest are the same. I bought 2 from ACT for $15 each in a warehouse clearance sale.

This is true ACT lists the list numbers for the RX-7 clutch and the Conquest are the same. I bought 2 from ACT for $15 each in a warehouse clearance sale.

was that just the disk though? would need the pressure plate to be the same to have some real options..

The clutch disc is the same as some model rx7's, but only in the 225mm. The rx7 pressure plate will not bolt up to a g54b flywheel. You could easily mod the flywheel to fit though.

-Robert

it was real close to 225,000 miles when we dropped it off kane. i really never had any problems or ever saw any signs of even slipping from the clutch while i was driving it. it was loaded down with a spare head, two turbo exhaust housings, a t3 exhaust mani, a engine block, a transmission, and a sub box with 2 12's so its possible that extra strain on the way down helped seal its fate.

really sorry to hear it went out, i was hoping you had the same trouble free luck with it that we did.

was that just the disk though? would need the pressure plate to be the same to have some real options..

Yeah, just the disc. The disc is a 240mm, matches the flywheel and PP for the later model Starquest.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/185343_278005935548497_100000172771031_1416978_1791818_n.jpg

CC flywheel, ACT RX7 disc and ACT Starquest PP

Edited by Cloud81918

So kane and bryan lol i got the old clutch and my friend at aamco said the clucth should hav been replaced maybe 100000 miles ago and its a miracle it mad it this long lol theres burn marks on the flywheel and the clutch.springs were starting to grind up

Yeah, just the disc. The disc is a 240mm, matches the flywheel and PP for the later model Starquest.

CC flywheel, ACT RX7 disc and ACT Starquest PP

240mm... hmmm... turbo Rx7?? I think the 225mm must have been the non turbo.

-Robert