SOLD Garrett 57 trim turbo. SOLD

Frenchi934

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it was machined to fit the mitsu center section then balanced. Cant wait to see if the sy/ty housing can pull it off. can you put the pics in the BS section i cant post there yet. like to see what's said about it.

I have never seen a garret housing machined to fit a mitsu turbo. Sounds unnecessarily expensive and risky. Why not just get a water and oil cooled garrett center section and use parts that are made to fit together? Oh well. I wish you luck with that SERIOUSLY Frankenstein'd turbo.

280.00 out the the door" turbo and machining" deal in my book. Best of bothe worlds! Should do pretty well Boosted did something like this back in the day. i used another user name at that time but we were all just getting started. Sky's the limit now. Peace.

That inlet is actually 3inch the 4inch is the anti surge area. its a sy/ty housing same 8cm as the o5 but the housing definitely much bigger its big enough to support a 20g tdo6 no problem. Not a 05 hogged to fit but an actual o6 wheel in a 06 housing. i deal with jerry at GPOPshop, the combo is not perfect but itll work. Can someone please move my pics and convoersation to the BS section. i cannot post there. Thanks or PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

I happen to have an ebc I am not using.

my question is, do the housings come unbolted?

I have one of these and so does bluecrush, but the housings are seized on. If you could take both the exhaust and intake housings off, I would consider trading.

So you have taken the housings off?

I know in theory they come off, but so far every one I have seen of these, the housings are seized on, namely the exhaust.

heck, all the bolts are broken off the exhaust housings I have seen.

250 bucks. Grab this up and Conquest cali's turbine housing and have a darn good mpi turbo for the money.

someone scoop this thing up!!

here is an article where dsm guys are discussing it (with a bep housing) and another variant (with a p trim wheel)

the comments pertaining to the 57 trim are the ones relevant here (as that's what this is).

http://www.dsmtuners...-you-think.html

scoop up this turbo, conquestcali's exhaust housing, put the two together and get some great results!

Us mitsubishi guys are used to seeing a physically small turbo that will move tons of air, but just because this turbo is huge doesn't mean its too much turbo for the motor!

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1715/sdc11840b.jpg

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1749/sdc11844a.jpg

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8248/sdc11843v.jpg

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/5800/sdc11846.jpg

Garrett T04E14

Came off a ford (New Holland) 7.8L diesel

Compressor side:

56.56/75mm

57 Trim

A/R- .70

4inch Inlet, 2.5 Inch out

Exhaust side:

64/73mm

A/R- 1.32

Divided T4 Flange

4 Inch V-Band Out

No internal Wastegate

The Red Tag says:

Factory Rebuilt Turbocharger

s/n: CFM13432

p/n: E8HZ6K682CRM

Garrett

AlliedSignal Automotive

As an additional note: I believe BEP used to make or may still make an exhaust housing for this turbo on DSM applications.

Someone bid but never paid. Its still up for grabs. PM me and make me an offer and i can end the auction and sell through the forum

what kind of condition is the turbo? is there shaft play in/out or up/down? Is this is a oil cooled only turbo? do you know how many miles it was used?

Just FYI, Bullseye power has stopped producing the garrett turbine housings so they are getting much harder to find. However, there are MANY p-trim turbine housings out there that came as stock with various A/R ratios. A lot of larger frame big rig or other large vehicle applications for Garrett turbos had p-trim wheels. I just searched ebay and found a wide variety of housings. Most of them have T4 footprints with a V-band downpipe. There are a couple T3 housings out there though. You are definitely not stuck with the huge A/R that comes on this one.

i think there are several t3 in the .6 a/r range, which is pretty close to the BEP housing anyways.

I just dont have the time or desire to pursue putting this turbo on anything i own. My ls1 will be n/a and my g54 will never see anything that wont bolt to my manifold and my custon downpipe.

Wasn't trying to hide the fact that BEP no longer makes them, if you look all my posts talking about it are in the past tense. sorry for any confusion.

Taking any reasonable offer.

Edited by Frenchi934