My 2jzgte swap

87quest_stv

I got my engine test fired today. And it sounded like It was running on 4 of the 6 cylinders. Kinda bummed out. Any clue where to start troubleshooting? I've examined the harness where it connects to the coils and the clips are all new looking and no crumbling. The wiring looks ok too. Edited by 87quest_stv

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Test run of the engine on the pallet. The sound quality is terrible from my phone. Also seems I have a vacuum leak somewhere. Will be replacing all the vacuum lines before installation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp_XPkY9vxk&feature=youtu.be

Edited by 87quest_stv

Working on replacing the cam seals, crank seals, waterpump, timing, and serpentine belt. Man that JDM waterpump is heavy! There's probably about 3 lbs of weight savings over the US waterpump.

I thought about keeping it and running hydraulic doors....yes....I had that thought...lol...

That would be interesting.

So just need to pick up a new thermostat tomorrow, and the new pulleys and I'll be able to button things up

The thermostat that was in there looked brand new. So did the timing belt. But I changed the timing belt anyhow and will put a new thermostat in too

Got the new cam seals in

http://www.getyasumminimotos.com/Conquest/engmaint3.jpg

cleaned things up a bit and put the new water pump, new timing belt roller on, and front crank seal in

http://www.getyasumminimotos.com/Conquest/engmaint.jpg

And the new timing belt, along with hydraulic tensioner

http://www.getyasumminimotos.com/Conquest/engmaint2.jpg

Edited by 87quest_stv

• 1 year later...

just ordered some needed stuff from drift motion to complete this engine and transmission.

clutch fork

Fork support

output shaft seal for R154

clutch release hub kit

pressure plate bolt set

clutch release bearing

R154 bell to trans bolt set

and 6061 Aluminum JZ Pulley Kit V2.0

I still need the bellhousing and clutch kit but i'll get that a little later

I went and got into model airplane flying and wasted a bunch of money of that earlier this year. So once I get some of my planes sold i'll get the bellhousing and clutch ordered up.

no rush cause I still have the scrub and paint my engine bay. rebuild my steering box, replace the balljoints and the main steering linkage

me either. says can take up to 520hp. but I know you cant ever take them for the word with this non brand stuff. i'm just looking for something more affordable.

I'm not planning a big power machine right now just come thing to drive daily. I did a best offer and they accepted it. so once I get things installed i'll give feedback on the part

Got my transmission goodies today. the R154 I bought didnt have a clutch fork or support. so most of this is for the tranny stuff from drift motion

I also just referenced all these part numbers with my local toyota dealer online parts site and the toyota dealer was quite a but cheaper. I'd say about 20%

post-269-0-96597200-1383618566_thumb.jpg

Edited by 87quest_stv

for the money on that clutch kit, id almost just go with the competition clutch stage 4.. me and BOHO both run it.. its a great clutch

on those compressor wheels, id just save that money and start working towards a Single turbo setup.. you wont regret it.. i promise

So I've got the clutch and flywheel stuff should be here Friday. Ordered the R154 bellhousing should be here next week sometime. SO once I get the steering linkages and ball joints replaced and the engine bay painted I'll be able to start the assembly and install.

Also My wife just a our second baby last weds. so progress has been slow. But we'll get her done

Edited by 87quest_stv