New-to-me '86 Starion in San Diego

leesfer

Hey all,

I've just picked up an '86 Starion project that I will be tinkering with for awhile.

My original plan was to turn it into a Lemons racer (and retire my e30) but I feel in love with this damn thing so I will be fixing it up instead!

http://i.imgur.com/uGEEV.jpg

• Like 1

looks good !!!!!!!!!!!!!there's a member in murrita ca that has good front and back seats black he is in the parts for sale site ......... tcroson hit him up .....good luck with your project call me 1 951 694 5741 he also has a white bumper and wing...... Edited by markhansenconquest

Thanks for the welcoming!

Does anyone have any idea why I cannot start new topics in any of the forums? I'm trying to add to the community by documenting my build but I cannot write anything outside of the newbie introduction area

Thanks for the welcoming!

Does anyone have any idea why I cannot start new topics in any of the forums? I'm trying to add to the community by documenting my build but I cannot write anything outside of the newbie introduction area

Yeah same here, kinda annoying.

You need 50 posts before climbing up to start new topics on other then newbie section.

I guess it's to keep spammers out, that's good, but 50 posts is allot imo :(

Allthough it encourage to spam yourself (as none spammer) to get there.

Edited by Tekker

I have an '86 Daily Driver that doesn't look near as good as that one! It is fairly relaible but I replaced many parts with the new motor.

There are front spoilers available for yours, but are the one piece from the '88 '89 model year.

I have an '86 Daily Driver that doesn't look near as good as that one! It is fairly relaible but I replaced many parts with the new motor.

There are front spoilers available for yours, but are the one piece from the '88 '89 model year.

The camera makes it look better than it is! It's been painted with spray paint cans and white is not the original color... also the interior is not at all in decent condition... but none of this matters to me as the interior is going out and a roll cage is going in and the exterior is going to be vinyl wrapped which I will write a "how to" for this forum pretty soon

Vinal wrap? I'm intrigued. Be sure to post some pics (lots of them!) of the process.

Yeah, it's pretty cheap ($200-ish if you do it yourself... $2000+ if a shop does it) and comes out nicer than any paint at that price:

http://i.imgur.com/Vhyve.jpg

I can get you the rolls of vinyl specifically for car wrapping by 3M. Oh and let me know if you have any questions, been doing it for 5+. Years.

Wish you lived in SoCal then I could have you do it!

I attempted to do the hood tonight but realized it was too difficult to keep the vinyl warm outside in December so it proved to be a little difficult... might have to wait to do the exterior after I finish up the rest of the car