dash lights, havac lights

ScooterDude92

my gaudge cluster lights and dash lights dont work ..the tailights do work, havac contros work but do not light up, i hooked a radio up today and sombody had cut the original connectors off and i had to go threw and figure them all out, only 4 speakers work dash and 2 back ones, door speakers also dont work

thanks -curt

doesnt help the factory radio harness is like a damn VW, none of the colors matched if i remember right

did you make sure your dimmer switch was turned up?

i cant remember if this is the harness code i used or not

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Red/Black

Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Blue

Car Radio Ground Wire: Chassis

Car Radio Illumination Wire: Black/Yellow

Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A

Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: White/Black

Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A

Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A

Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A

Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A

Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Blue

Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/Blue

Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Red

Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/Red

Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A

Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Yellow/Blue

Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/Blue

Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Yellow/Red

Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/Red

Do you know if the dash was ever removed? I've taken quite a few dashes out at this point, there are quite a few connectors tucked up underneath. Once you get good at it you can have them out in 45 minutes. If it's really that messed up I would pop the dash and start following wires to figure where it was hacked and solder things back together.

Also, when I bought my first Quest, the door speakers didn't work either. I took the door cards off and discovered the lines were cut. Resolder and they're all good.

When people hook up radios without wiring diagrams and are missing plugs and only using a volt meter you can't tell how many amps that wire can carry easily so that's why people end up using the wire that comes from the dash light dimmer and the current draw the run the radio melts the dimmer contorl and out go your dash lights and you have to look for a new dimmer switch. DSM guys are just as bad about this happening.