Fuel pump cuts out at WOT

In my case a bad alternator caused symptoms like that, turn on your headlights and see if it gets worse....I had great voltage but low amperage and when the car had low amperage pull it was fine, but as I would turn on the radio, wipers, headlights etc, it would get worse.

I was thinking that as well, and I'm sure having a battery that doesn't hold a charge for more than a couple days isn't helping.

A clogged Catalytic converter can cause this, dirty Fuel filters can cause this, low compression can cause this, a bad Fuel Pump can cause this, bad Spark Plugs can cause this, a dirty Air Filter can cause this. A bad Stock MAS? Not likely.

Bill

Well it cannot be a clogged Cat, because I don't have any exhaust on it from the turbo back (just took it off). Fuel pump isn't bad second one, runs fine. Brand new E3 spark plugs just changed. Brand new Fram Air filter. I replaced the MAS, ECU, Knock Box because once I do get the car running right I'll have that stuff already upgraded.

I can hear the fuel pump run from the driver's seat since it has a very distinct whine while running.

Then your ears must be better than mine. For 22 years, I could not hear either my Stock or Walbro Fuel Pump run from the drivers seat. P.S. E3 Spark Plugs are JUNK. Install a set of NGKs.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Well the E3s were on sale and the only plugs they had in stock for the quest, but the pump is relatively loud, the more I think about it probably clogged fuel lines... the filter is new up front, and from the tank doesn't look bad. But I haven't actually checked the lines themselves.

I was thinking that as well, and I'm sure having a battery that doesn't hold a charge for more than a couple days isn't helping

swap in a known good battery and give it a shot, the headlights should have enough pull to cut the amperage needed to run the fuel pump....in my case it cut the fuel pump and made the computer act stupid....I was trouble shooting forever until the new alternator.

Well the E3s were on sale and the only plugs they had in stock for the quest.

They aren't for this car and only physically are the same thread and length so they can be screwed in and that's where it ends. They do that because they want to sell you something.