1987 Conquest getting nothing at full throttle

So I just bought a conquest, overall a decent car. But when I give it full throttle the car just bogs down about to stall then putts itself back up to 1k, but no higher. I have no idea what the problem is, at first it sounded like it was misfiring so I went and got new plugs and wires since #2 cylinder wasn't sparking. Plugs were burnt to a crisp, and wires were shot. Now shes running better, but still bogs down at full throttle.

(Also the boost gauge doesn't go above 0 until its at high throttle when it starts to bog. Don't know if this has anything to do with it.)

~Thanks

Matt

It sounds like your secondary injector is not functioning. Can you rev above 3k if you slowly push the gas pedal down? Around 3k or 1/2 throttle the secondary kicks in. If it doesn't work then you get too much air for the amount of fuel you are putting into the throttlebody which causes the engine to fall flat on its face. If you haven't do so, check the injector clip and prongs on the injector to ensure they are clean and shiny (the secondary is the blue/green inj).

Well neither of my injector clips are clipping on... I ordered new ones, just waiting for them (should be here tomorrow). I can get it all the way up to redline sometimes, but usually not more than once or twice. I guess the clip could be coming loose. I can't wait to get this car running.

@DSM Ordered one of those with the clips, and a thermostat so just waiting on shipping.

@FRO Yeah thats what we have been thinking. Fuel pump is new, but it whines like crazy. It is supposed to be mounted under the tank, but the previous owner mounted it on top of the tank. He said the front filter was changed. Its some "Trickster EFI Fuel pump" I saw that and thought it was weird, He also ran a seperate wire from the battery terminal straight back to the pump. And the car always smells like gas fumes.