no more rotarys for mazda

Hoosierquest

Bah hahahahahahahaha, go look it up, they're killing the RX8, NOT the rotary. They have a new rotary planned that may be in production by 2017. The rotary is too iconic for Mazda to let go of it. :lol:

http://www.thedetroitbureau.com/2011/08/mazda-looking-to-bring-back-rotary-engine/

I have more links for those too lazy to do the search. B)

...it's on Fox News... you believe that crap?

Seriously dude....Educate yourself instead of falling into the liberal media abyss of left leaning nothingness..

Fine heres a anti-american liberal rag for you to chew on

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/industries/mazda-to-drop-production-of-vehicles-with-trademark-rotary-engines/2011/10/07/gIQAfTy3RL_story.html

Seriously dude....Educate yourself instead of falling into the liberal media abyss of left leaning nothingness..

Fine heres a anti-american liberal rag for you to chew on

http://www.washingto...y3RL_story.html

Bah hahahahahahahaha, go look it up, they're killing the RX8, NOT the rotary. They have a new rotary planned that may be in production by 2017. The rotary is too iconic for Mazda to let go of it. :lol:

http://www.thedetroi...-rotary-engine/

I have more links for those too lazy to do the search. B)

Fox News has proven themselves to ME time and time again that they are an unreliable news source. I could care less what others think. It's that stupid liberal/conservative or democratic/republican mindset that has screwed our country anyways. /threadjack

From your own link, BrazilBoy: '“Although R-X production is ending, the rotary engine will always represent the spirits of Mazda, and Mazda remains committed to its ongoing development,” he said.'

Fox stated that the rotary was being nixed. Not just the car, the motor. Mazda ain't gonna let that happen, but it may be a few years before we see the next generation rotary motor.

Cheers. :)

Edited by Blue

The "green police" will kill it off completely you know rotaries are dirty little buggers... Unless it starts spitting daisys out its tail pipe its a goner.... As far as politics go it will be proven again in November 2012 as it was in 2010 what the people want and guess what it ain't what Obamas been dishing out...

The "green police" will kill it off completely you know rotaries are dirty little buggers... Unless it starts spitting daisys out its tail pipe its a goner.... As far as politics go it will be proven again in November 2012 as it was in 2010 what the people want and guess what it ain't what Obamas been dishing out...

I agree, completely. Rather sad. :(

I don't know why anyone could possibly be worried about "green police" when all they do is make new stuff more efficient. They aren't coming to your house and saying, "you can't drive your car anymore because it doesn't get 50mpg or turn on your lights because they're incandescent!"

The rotary motor is slowly being phased out here in the states since its not emissions friendly at all. Same with 2 strokes.

Rotary motors burn oil, purposely. Because of this they can't pass federal emissions standards.

And...I myself prefer torque. Yes, its neat to have gobs of top end, but, its not practical on the street. Low end torque is much more usable.

I had an RX7 and it was a very fun car, but...I'd take a Quest over it any day.

i love rotary, what other motor do you know gets smoother the higher the revs get? hondas that high sound like the car is going to explode.

i had an automatic vert, and it hit 120 pretty quick, and VERY smooth pulling

I don't know why anyone could possibly be worried about "green police" when all they do is make new stuff more efficient. They aren't coming to your house and saying, "you can't drive your car anymore because it doesn't get 50mpg or turn on your lights because they're incandescent!"

Its a matter of time Andrew... Look at what they are doing in Cali.. those guys swap in an engine that is way cleaner than our g54b's ever could be and no no no green police will fine you and tow your car into the impound... Its lunacy... Many liberals want those standards imposed nationwide, a car like yours even running on E85 will be fined till the end of time, because its modded..

Look at what they did to our fuels, mixing ethanol with gas has caused the same cars that used to get average 40mpg like my brothers corolla to now get 36 so now he needs more fuel to cover the same distance and same goes with diesel so how is good for the enviroment?...

Our food costs have exploded due to the government (EPA) giving away our money (taxes) to these farms to produce that crap...Before you ask their has been a backup solution for decades... Running pure alcohol cars off sugar cane, copy what brazil did, 30 YEARS AGO, also the husks are not wasted they are used to produce the same energy we get from coal... We have the perfect climate in hawaii already, plus Brazil has offered to sell the USA ethanol since Carter and has been rejected by every president including his majesty Lord Obamass, here the funny part we would sell it cheaper than the USA can produce itself... You can produce 400% more sugar cane fuel from a squared foot than corn.. and sugar cane grows year round... This would not effect our cars if we had it as a flex fuel option and not mix it with gas... Also food costs would be greatly reduced..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol_fuel_in_Brazil

http://www.cleanandgreenfuel.com/WhySugarCaneandnotCorn.asp

Blue, if they are ditching the RX8 then the rotary will no longer be offered as it is the only vehicle in mazdas lineup with the engine.

Your link says they MAY bring it back...not a sure thing. However it is a sure thing that it will not be manufactured come 2013.

mazda has been working on a larger displacement rotary engine for years, i wouldnt be surprised if it comes back soon after the RX8 is killed off.

ps piston engines purposely burn oil too!

pps the mazda hydrogen rotary built in the late 90's was a zero emissions vehicle, they couldnt detect the oil burnt with testing equipment, it was rejected by carb as a zero emissions vehicle purely because they knew it was injecting oil into the engine for lubrication, even though it couldnt be measured..

Not as much as a rotary though...haha. The owner's manual even states, "Depending on driving conditions, a rotary engine may consume up to 1 quart of oil in 1000 miles."

Lol...thats insane for a good running engine :P

It ironic that ford killed off the Rx7 because they bought into mazda, and now that ford is leaving they're killing the Rx8

Yeah Mazda will be better off without Ford.

Mazda needs to start making a small rotory truck that runs on diesel.

Mazda spokeswoman Michiko Terashima said research and development on the rotary engine will continue, leaving open the possibility that it could make a comeback. But production is now not making sense when considering the costs of meeting safety and emissions standards for new vehicles, she said.

nuff said