wierd electrical problem

TexasQuest

I got in my car today and noticed none of my interior lights work or my seatbelts won't retract? The door open light on the dash is faintly lit when the doors are open. Also when I turn the ignition on, the seatbelt light flashes as well as the light on the consol and it makes a "beep" sound every 5 seconds or so. And my radio stations weren't stored anymore as if I had disconnected the battery? Everything else on the car works fine. The battery has a bad cell in it and is hard to crank after it has been sitting awhile. Could that have something to do with it? I know these cars act funny when the batteries are low on voltage.

Well I'm no expert but I had a strange issue where where if my SQ was running and turned on the radio it would die. Turned out to be a bad fuseable link to the ingnition relay.....have you checked those or replaced them? I couldn't find it by the shop I use did. They checked and cleaned all the ground connections at the same time and she's been good ever since. Fuseable links suck cause they look fine unless you had a meltdown. For what it's worth.......

Also I forgot to add that if I have the radio on when I turn the car off, when I turn the ignition back on the battery won't come on unless I manually press the button to turn it on. And also the automatic door locks don't work, I have to slide both sides manually. Edited by TexasQuest

Replaced ALL the fuse links with Dad's oem ones, cleaned the connections and lubed them with dielectric grease and still doing the same thing. When I first crank it i hear a godawful grinding noise and the motor doesn't catch and fire. I try it again and it cranks fine. Could a bad starter cause this? It's the original one.

I had the same grinding noise and found my started to be bad. when you remove the started...check to see if you can wiggle the gear side to side. If it moves more that 1/2 in then the bearing went out and it cannot catch the flywheel causing that nasty grinding sound. I would keep the OEM if possible and just replace the bearing but if you want your car up and running now you can get rebuilt one but they don't last as long as the OEM ones becasue of the bearings going out.