Is it worth it????

Spooled_Starion

its a starion, it rocks rather auto or 5speed, i just have more fun driving a 5 speed than a auto, when i drive a auto i feel like im driving my grandmas car

Plus 1. But it's a totally personal choice. Some don't want the hassle of a 5 speed. Some don't consider a car a sports car without a 5 speed. The auto will be quicker in the 1/4 if your building a drag car. There isn't a right or wrong, only a preference.

Lance

A working automatic is a quicker and faster car. If the jerk of the clutch is what you want on the shifts, put in a manual valve body.

If it shifts strange, that's the 20+ years of crap inside the valve body that needs cleaned out.

A rebuilt automatic costs less than a HD clutch and lightened flywheel.

No, do not boost in overdrive. Push that button and turn OD off unless you're out on the highway. Get a larger cooler.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Its really a personal preference. I hate removing the trans so often for new clutches.... so i am going with a auto now haa. If you plan to do an engine swap with tranny perhaps a auto quest would be a little better since it has a larger area for the trans under the car.

okay manuals aren't dead! my 2011 Mazda is a 6spd, and I get great gas mileage too ( average about 375 miles per tank, tank = 12 gallons )

but at the same time, the more aggressive I drive, the VERY dramatic my mpg drops lol ( lowest was only 180miles to a tank ) also whats nice is when i use premium, i get like an extra 80-90 miles out of the tank, and it is only 3-4$ difference to fill up, thats why i only use premium!

ALSO, if you do get that auto car, I got a 5speed tranny for sale for 70+ship!

Edited by DSMvirus1