Bigger brakes

With all the help i gave you on wheels josh we need to have a talk about this brake setup haha! Looks good

I'm trying to get this stuff done so I can hopefully go to Mesquite this year. The way things are going I won't have the money.

Edited by RF600

Awesome. How is the pedal feel?? I'm guessing stock master cylinder...??

-Robert

I can't remember any change in peddle feel. Then again, I did this swap 5 years ago. For now, the pedal does not set off any alarms. Yes, stock master cylinder.

Well using the 05-10 calipers is not gonna work for me. With the caliper bracket mounted and the rotor seated it hits the inside of the bracket. It hits enough that the rotor won't move. So I am not sure how long it will take to work it out. Possibly a different rotor with a shorter hat? That would bring the rotor away from the bracket enough to mount up properly. I would have to measure for the right height of the hat, but it would be around 1/8" to 1/4" shorter.

The 99-04 calipers like TopDawg is using has twin 45mm pistons. The 05-10 calipers have twin 41.5mm pistons.

The hat was from Willwood I dont remember the part number because I did these back it 1998, I had to make an hub centric ring so the hat would be centered, the rear hat I had them custom made to fit. I am pulling the car down now I will see if there is a part number on the fron hat. DL1700764 other # is ll0764. I also had to make custom brake lines .hope this help

• 3 weeks later...
some general info, if you go from a one pot(piston) caliper to a four pot(piston) caliper like the wilwood, the 4 pistons have more volume in some instances. this will cause more petal travel. if so, using a bigger diameter piston master cylinder will move more fluid with less travel of the petal. mostly a "feel" thing on power brakes.

some general info, if you go from a one pot(piston) caliper to a four pot(piston) caliper like the wilwood, the 4 pistons have more volume in some instances. this will cause more petal travel. if so, using a bigger diameter piston master cylinder will move more fluid with less travel of the petal. mostly a "feel" thing on power brakes.

Yes correct, but we don't have any bolt in larger diameter master upgrades

• 2 months later...

So can someone confirm that what we need for this to work is the following:

1. use standard 99-04 Mustang and NOT GT

2. 99-04 Mustang calipers ( front & rear ? )

3. 99-04 Mustang brackets ( front & rear ? )

4. custom brake lines

5. does something need to be done to the brackets ?

6. stock starion rotors ?

Edited by AustinTSI

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...