need a book ...i think i wired it wrong

dez

i rebuilt the motor and put it back in ....it starts fine but soon as u touch the gas it cuts off 3K rpm

.....i thought i seen a check engine light its a 87 too

Injector clips, dirty secondary injector or fouling plugs

Non working vacuum advance

+1

If you only have 1 working injector, thats your issue. Its NOT going to rev past 3k if you don't have your secondary. Check your injector clips. Usually they need replacing anyways.

Test you vacuum advance by pulling the vacuum hose off the Throttle Body and suck on it, and stick your tongue over the hole to hold the vacuum in. If it doesn't hold, you need a new vacuum advance.

You need to read mine and Indiana's posts before you go digging through. It's not going to be a wiring issue, 9/10 times.

But, since you asked, here:

StarQuestGarage

Read the troubleshooting section first. If you go to the electrical section, you'll end up disappointed.

i rebuilt the motor and put it back in ....it starts fine but soon as u touch the gas it cuts off 3K rpm

.....i thought i seen a check engine light its a 87 too

There is no check engine light. The 87-89 car idle on one injector, the other kick in if you tramp the gas or airflow goes above a certain point. What happens is the terminals on the injector itself corrode and if they are disturbed like when changing an engine some times they do not make a good connection again. You need to get in there with a little file or something and shine up the terminals on the injectors. It is easier to do if they are off the car. The clips can go bad to, as others have said. In my experience the corrosion on the injector terminal is a bigger problem.

Good to here you got the motor rebuilt.

If you REALLY want a book, I bought my FSM copies off eBay. They seem to be always on there. Just type in your year and "Conquest Manual" and usually get a hit.

Like this one ..... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-87-Chrysler-Conquest-Service-Shop-Repair-Manual-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem23120d2161QQitemZ150626705761QQptZMotorsQ5fManualsQ5fLiterature

• 3 weeks later...