Gearhead Shirts - Star/Quest shirt

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Flatty owner I would love to see a Flatty t-shirt, but I don't think cramming another car on there would be good for the shirt. Maybe in the future a you could feature a Flatty Starion , an AE86 corolla, an early RX-7...etc all on the same shirt. Have a nice slogan of "Respect Your Elders" or "Youth and potential is no substitute for old age and trickery"

But I like the Pentastar :(

Only reason I knew of/owned one of these cars is cause I saw one at Chrysler's at Carlisle...lol

Haha, there's absolutely nothing Chrysler about a Starion though. Even the Conquest emblems were made in Japan.

Pentagon would only continue misconceptions about the car, it's bad as it is already.

-Robert

I hear and obey:

Go here for color choices: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150241424569335.331037.372692784334

Click in to your favorite and "like" it. It's the closest thing to a poll I can do. If you don't have facebook feel free to post your selection here. You should still at least be able to see the gallery.

Edited by gearheadshirts

Haha, there's absolutely nothing Chrysler about a Starion though. Even the Conquest emblems were made in Japan.

Pentagon would only continue misconceptions about the car, it's bad as it is already.

-Robert

With that being said, I take it you know nothing about the history of the car huh? if it weren't for Chrysler and Mitsubishi merging in 1971, there wouldn't even be a starion/conquest... I have never went to a parts store and asked for something for a chrysler conquest and been told "I'm sorry sir, we don't have that for the chrysler. But we do have it for the mitsubishi".

When is payment due on these?

With that being said, I take it you know nothing about the history of the car huh? if it weren't for Chrysler and Mitsubishi merging in 1971, there wouldn't even be a starion/conquest... I have never went to a parts store and asked for something for a chrysler conquest and been told "I'm sorry sir, we don't have that for the chrysler. But we do have it for the mitsubishi".

When is payment due on these?

LMAO

Only 15% of Mitsu was owned by Chrysler, which was suffering in the 80's. The Starion is based on the Galant Lambada platform, and shares many of the same components. The Galant Lambada is a natural progression from the 1970 Colt Galant GTO, which saw the introduction of the Astron engine series. Have you ever driven or rode in those cars?? Let alone, seen one in person?? Look at Chrysler design in the 70's and 80's, there's no way they had a hand in design of a Starion. To think a Starion is Chrysler designed in the slightest, is ignorance at it's best.

-Robert

LMAO

Only 15% of Mitsu was owned by Chrysler, which was suffering in the 80's. The Starion is based on the Galant Lambada platform, and shares many of the same components. The Galant Lambada is a natural progression from the 1970 Colt Galant GTO, which saw the introduction of the Astron engine series. Have you ever driven or rode in those cars?? Let alone, seen one in person?? Look at Chrysler design in the 70's and 80's, there's no way they had a hand in design of a Starion. To think a Starion is Chrysler designed in the slightest, is ignorance at it's best.

-Robert

Guys, I know I'm not an admin, but please keep the BS in the BS Forums? This is a GP thread, so Robert, if you wouldn't mind cleaning it up for Ian(gearheadshirts)?

I had no intention of starting any sort of debate. I claim to be completely clueless at best when it comes to these cars and I just want to make a shirt that the majority of folks want. I think we're pretty close now.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6015/5917179452_6e26e0f0d3_z.jpg

This is likely our winner. Unless I hear a really good reason to not do it I'll be putting it on presale in the morning before I head out to the B.F.E. LeMons race!

Thanks,

Ian