Quest gone crazy HELP!!!

triforcequest

Here what going on I just finshed putting a new motor In my car it all stock with a gretty bov in was running awsome. Put about 50 miles on it testing and checking things working the bugs out got 90% of them nailed down parked it for about a week becuse I was either working or it was raining I went out to just fire it up and let it run and warmup and the idle went crazy and not low, like high it won't go below 2500 or 3000 rpm I haven't ever seen or heard of this on a quest just looking for a place to start if you have any good input please post it up thanks.

I had my first SQ did this when I got it.

The issue was the idle speed motor. Both connectors were connected to each other.

what do you mean by both connectors were connected to each other. Like one wire touching another wire one that goes into the other plug please elaborate a little because this is driving me mad. Tonight i tried looking at it again i look at the plugs their black but not wet so i know its running on the rich side I tried retarding the timing and the idle slow down for a few seconds and then went right back to where it was. I also just found that it has two plug while reading the repair Manuel to the idle motor and I unplugged one and it changed nothing but I did not unplug both. I have another idle motor I might try tomorrow.

I must have the worse luck with these cars because I have three of them and the one that ran the best smoke so bad that the fogging truck looked better driving down the road. oh and it was running on a carb off a 318 Mopar

Edited by triforcequest

One is the idle motor, one is the motor position sensor and you have a screw on the back of the throttlebody called an ISC screw but it should have been called the motor position sensor adjustment screw. The TPS must be in range and your throttle cable VERY slack at idle for your idle control system to work.