Power windows stuck down

vinmaxesir

Hi All,

Quick question: Why would BOTH power windows be non operational (and NO it is not the fuse)? And it's not the 'lock' switch being in the 'locked' mode.

I'm at work and just got back from Burger King, and then parked the car and went to put the driver's side window back up, and it it would not move. I tried the passenger side and it would not go down.

I checked all fuses inside the car near my left leg under the dash. Are there other fuses to check that would cause this? Where is the window relay??? Maybe it's not operating.

Please help.

I hope it doesn't rain today :(

Thanks,

Vinnie

Edited by vinmaxesir

I have had similar problems throughout the history of my SQ, mostly with the passenger side window getting stuck sometimes.. What I did to make it work (finally figured it out after years) was wiggle the left foot area cables behind the plastic kick panel to the left and must have been one or some of those wires in a bundle of them that was shorting out or crinkled or whatever.. Now all the old SQ wiring harness is long gone and replaced with an Rx-8's full wiring harness front to back.. B)

power to the pass window runs all the way from the drivers side swt ,,both not working indicates a power loss from power source or a bad drivers side swt ,, these swts reverse power posi and ground to both motors

In addition to checking your fusible links and the power window relay, you should consider rebuilding you drivers side power window switch IAW http://starquest.i-x.net/viewtopic.php?t=1190&sid=e75db8f94d0858601c1a49784b90b01f

For What It's Worth.

KEN