Taking alternator

88maroon

Do it from underneath , be sure to disconnect battery , 2 bolts, the harness and she's out in 15 minutes.. ... It's easy and clean all contacts before installing new one....also adding a ground strap from the back of the bottom bolt to the chassis is a good idea..

Ya might want to take a look at this link where PQ discusses the alternators and the charging circuit and what to check before you re-install the new alt. ;)

http://starquest.i-x.net/viewtopic.php?t=1180

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Do it from underneath , be sure to disconnect battery , 2 bolts, the harness and she's out in 15 minutes.. ... It's easy and clean all contacts before installing new one....also adding a ground strap from the back of the bottom bolt to the chassis is a good idea..

Agreed. The FSM will tell you different :rolleyes: Why? I have no idea. I have replaced two alternators like Roberto said: From the bottom of a car with Air Conditioning.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
short test to make befor installing the two wire connector,, tuen on the ign key and test both wires for power ,, both should have 12 volts to them,,one from the dash indicatorand theother from a fuse link,,the fuse link is hot at all times key on or off