Nerd alert!!

Komeuppance

Love slot cars! Still have a lot of track and cars from when I was a kid. Tyco was always the best. Would really love to see these make a comeback. :)

A few years back when i had the 2 story garage my dad and all 7 of his brothers would race. Full custom made wooden track ill dig up some pics from the old compy.

I'm betting there is a high spot on the bottom of the car causing the switch to double tap as the car passes over it.

There's two sets of magnets in the chassis, motor magnet and traction magnet. There's a space between them, pretty sure that's what's doing it. If the track was longer, I could set the software timing to have a minimum lap time. There's better software out there, but this one is free... haha.

Love slot cars! Still have a lot of track and cars from when I was a kid. Tyco was always the best. Would really love to see these make a comeback. :)

I love my tyco's. I have my track still in the closet, I gotta find my old cars though. Just picked up these new cars a few weeks ago. Never thought of timing the cars with a computer when I was a kid though, haha.

A few years back when i had the 2 story garage my dad and all 7 of his brothers would race. Full custom made wooden track ill dig up some pics from the old compy.

Piiiiics.

-Robert

Friend's got a set of those, but they're the old 70's ones... they sucked. The later years of the slotless are supposed to be better, I've heard. But these are faster!!

They've got digital controlled slot cars with multi-lane switching, pit stops, fuel useage... some pretty crazy stuff. I think I'll spend that kind of money on my 1:1 scale cars instead, haha.

-Robert

Some of my greatest memories as a kid were when my Dad would take me to a place called "Randy's" in Hagerstown MD. And he'd sit me on the jukebox and spend hours racing these larger scale slot cars (can also be seen at Jack Rabbit Slim's in Pulp Fiction) But we also had tons of Tyco and AFX stuff in the basement at the house too, with about 30 cars and about 1.5 miles of track....fun times!

But this place is about 40 minutes from my house and I didn't even know it was there.

-N8

I use to slot car race when I was 13 to 15 years old.I was always upgrading Motors,Gearing,Tires, Bodies and Controllers to make them go faster :) You could find slot car tracks all over the place in So.Cal. back then.Now, it is computer games at home.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308