INTEREST ON PERFORMANCE VALVE TRAIN?

Dear Members;

I finally have everything lined up for a performance valve train kit for the starquest cylinder head.

Custom made 1mm over intake and exhaust valves in stainless steel EV type; 7mm stem; nitrated and oxidized, the valves will look like dark glass. As you know, nitrating the valves will increase the mechanical resistance on the part and by oxidizing it we get huge reduction on friction due to the smooth surface. Intake valve has 45 degrees at seat, 33 degrees on back cut to improve flow and undercut stem. Exhaust valve has the 45 degrees and follow angle on back of it for smooth air flow out. Intake valve about 91 grams and exhaust valve about 87 grams.

Custom made bronze magnesium racing guides, a must on any performance build. Stock guides are not good for higher rpms and tend to get oval over time creating oil leaks and loss of compression.The new guides soaks with oil reducing friction, less friction more power.

Custom made beehive springs; yes beehive!!! Not the ones someone has for sale on Ebay. Those are too stiff for our application. This is a bolt on. About 106lbs at the seat when assemble; about 265lbs when fully compressed. Made from the best material available chrome silica, pac alloy.

Custom titanium spring retainers and seats.

7mm hardened black steel locks

Viton valve seals

THE VALVES ARE 1 (ONE) PIECE VALVE, not a 2 piece valve like some of the performance valves available on the market.

Several people asked me about performance parts for the head in the past. The few parts I was aware of are the 1mm over stainless steel valves, heavy! and the 100lbs springs from Schneider and that was it. Not a lot of option there.

Performance wise, these parts will "free" up some good HP. Engine will rev up quicker and some of the problems with idling using bigger cams will be solved due to a better geometry the beehive spring will give.

Once I pay the suppliers I'm "guestimating" a maximum of 2 months to receive the goods,get all squared out and ship.

If there is enough interest on this I would need 50% down payment; not sure of the final price yet (from $400 to $500), will depend on quantity; and the other 50% before shipping to buyers. I'm thinking in giving a 15% discount and free shipping on the first 100 sets with deposits. So if the final price is $500 you pay $425 and free shipping.

Give me your feedback!!!

Trilogy Turbos

561 882-4000 shop

I'd be in=) Would I be able to get it without the valve springs, retainers, and locks? I already have stiffer springs and titanium retainers and locks.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...