stainless steel airdam brackets 3rd run

Big John

ok guys this is what is going on. got my leg broke in 2 places at work 4 months ago so i have been trying to get better and have not been able to get any airdam brackets made. to much month left at the end of the money for me to do much but there has been interest in more sets so this is what i am willing to do. i will make 10 sets if i can get 10 people to commit to them as i don't have the extra money for them. i was told by the shop that i have them made that due to the price of oil going up the price of the stainless steel has gone way up plus the the cost of using the water jet has gone up as well. i will make the main set as well as the pieces for the corners as well. the 2 brackets from the bumper support to the airdam i will not make because of 2 reasons first it would run the cost up to the point that it would not be worth it and 2nd i believe that the airdam would have more room to flex without breaking if you hit something. my wife doesn't have them on her quest and when she hit a curb it chipped it but it didn't bust it up which it would have if they were there. the price of the sets will be 75.00 but that includes shipping. stainless bolts will be welded in place as well as stainless nuts and washers. if any are interested let me know and thanks to all who have bought them in the past i hope they have worked good for you. thanks. john

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, sorry to hear of your leg. I bought some airdam brackets off you the last time around and never received 2pcs from the kit.

This is my PM sent august 29th of 2010

i got my brackets awhile ago but didnt open them until now. I see there are 2 pieces missing, they are the two "S" brackets shown in the center

;

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8087/bracketsweldedtq8.jpg

i have been patiently awaiting your reply.

Edited by NotStock88

the 2 s shaped pieces were not on my car or on my wifes quest so when i made the sets i didn't even know they were supposed to be there. i did find out about the from randy(dad) and when i checked into getting them made the cost of the whole set would almost double because of the shape and labor to get them bent. but i can tell you this first hand i am glad my wifes quest didn't have them because i got her a new airdam and she hit a curb at a fast food shop her airdam was scuffed up a bit but it flexed enough to not bust. if she had the s shaped brackets the airdam would have been so ridged it would have busted and that would have been another 300 bucks. i would not use them if i had them and i don't intend on making them it would cost to much. in the pic i don't see the corner pieces. i made them and included them with the kit. Edited by Big John

John, sorry to hear of your leg. I bought some airdam brackets off you the last time around and never received 2pcs from the kit.

This is my PM sent august 29th of 2010

i got my brackets awhile ago but didnt open them until now. I see there are 2 pieces missing, they are the two "S" brackets shown in the center

;

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8087/bracketsweldedtq8.jpg

i have been patiently awaiting your reply.

the 2 s shaped pieces were not on my car or on my wifes quest so when i made the sets i didn't even know they were supposed to be there. i did find out about the from randy(dad) and when i checked into getting them made the cost of the whole set would almost double because of the shape and labor to get them bent. but i can tell you this first hand i am glad my wifes quest didn't have them because i got her a new airdam and she hit a curb at a fast food shop her airdam was scuffed up a bit but it flexed enough to not bust. if she had the s shaped brackets the airdam would have been so ridged it would have busted and that would have been another 300 bucks. i would not use them if i had them and i don't intend on making them it would cost to much. in the pic i don't see the corner pieces. i made them and included them with the kit.

i was sadly mistaken then. The for sale post didnt say that they were not included so i thought they would be in with the rest.

could have at least replied to my PM but i degress.

The brackets that are included are NICE.

Edited by NotStock88

• 2 weeks later...
Big John is my step-dad guys, and these brackets are very very nice. I got the first set when he started doing these and they are extremely easy to install! and I honestly would have never even though about replacing these if he hadn't told me about them. When I took everything apart, my old brackets were so rusted I'm surprised that my airdam was even on my car. But these things are well worth the money. $75 bucks is a steal being that the cost of these with the steel and labor being close to that itself. Edited by conquestTSIguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Big John,

I have been patiently waiting for my set of brackets to arrive. It has been two months since I paid you, and you told me in JUne that I should have had them in one week. I would appreciate an answer to my email.

Thank you very much,

Neil