head bolt length

on4now4

as the title says, does anyone know what the length of a stock head bolt is? I would like to measure it with a mike and see if it has stretched at all. so i can tell if i need new ones or not, i did not see this spec in the service manual but it may be there somewhere?

If your that concerned why not just buy a new set? Felpros are $33 and ARP's are about $100.

because both $33 and $100 is > FREE if i have a perfectly good set why should i waste money?

Are they the originals? Sometimes peace of mind is worth $30 for something as important as these bolts.

I could measure one of my new ARP's for you but what are you using to measure them? I don't mean to sound condescending here but its not a "mike", its a mic as in micrometer and to measure what you are looking for would require a somewhat expensive tools. I don't know your background and I apologize again if I'm selling you short. Either set of new head bolts would still be cheaper than the proper equipment to measure what your looking for.

Edited by 89PalermoSHP

because both $33 and $100 is > FREE if i have a perfectly good set why should i waste money?

Because its a starquest it needs money and human blood to run right...... noob :rolleyes:

as the title says, does anyone know what the length of a stock head bolt is? I would like to measure it with a mike and see if it has stretched at all. so i can tell if i need new ones or not, i did not see this spec in the service manual but it may be there somewhere?

1.25 x 12mm x 120mm

Bolts are made in batches.

Not all batches are exactly the same.

To accurately measure them for stretch you would need to measure your bolt before use, not after use.

After all you are measuring thousandths on a tolerance.