aeromotive RRFPR

REDi

ive been looking at alot of pics, and threads about fpr placement, and havent definitively found out if i can put it on the feed line or not.. so, my question is this: Can i put my Aeromotive RRFPR in the feed line (modifying the mixer of course) and cut the old fpr off and thread an NPT fitting on there and just run my return line with no problems with tuning or running? or is there a better "safer" way to do it? thanx for ur help!

-James

Edited by REDi

no you can not run it on your feed line it has to be on the return line or there would be nothing to create the pressure on the injectors it would just flow straight back to the tank

i mounted mine on the valve cover and have had no problems with it there

here is a link

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=118899

my kit came with a few fittings and an adapter for whichever one i choose, could i get a 3/8 npt fitting from the hardware store and tap the inlet side for it, hook up a 90° AN fitting and tap the filter the same way and put some fuel hose in there to clean it up? heck, or even use two 3/8 npt to barb fittings and put some fuel line on tha and wrap it witj the EL'CHEAPO autozone braided line?

i cant see the inlet to the injectors very well in that pic for the TBI.. i was thinking while i was lookin at my car this evening to grab a 3/8 npt to 3/8 npt fitting and thread it into the inlet for the injectors and hook up my summit AN 90* fitting to that and then the fuel line and so on and so forth.. make sense?

yeah, i got the FPR part, just pretty much spent the last few posts asking about the inlet to the injector mixer.. the FEED line.. all the stuff ive spent the last 14 hours trying to get an answer to... i just need that info. again, i get the FPR part.. i need to know if what im thinking about for the fuel feed line is ok or not..

James

tap filter for 3/8npt run line to throttle body mixer housing and attach to it with HP fuel line by tapping the mixer with another 3/8npt fitting and either get one with a barb on the other end or thread my AN fitting to it for looks..

yeah, i got the FPR part, just pretty much spent the last few posts asking about the inlet to the injector mixer.. the FEED line.. all the stuff ive spent the last 14 hours trying to get an answer to... i just need that info. again, i get the FPR part.. i need to know if what im thinking about for the fuel feed line is ok or not..

James

Leave the Inlet fuel line alone.I'm running the same inlet hose that came on the car in 1987 with no ill effects. Why mess with success?? You asked a question, and i'm trying to give you sound advice.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

maybe i want to "mess with success" because my inlet is a big ol' failure.. sooo i wanted a yay or neh or "hey this works" instead.. sound advise absorbed but its just null caliber, i need a better option.. Edited by REDi

Can be done multiple ways.

Yes it can be installed on the pressure hose. Youll basically mount it inline. But you will need to plug the return side of the rail. Then just attach return hose to FPR bottom port.

This makes for a cleaner install as youll only have 1 fuel line going to the TBI apposed to 2.

Or yes, you can just hook it to the return side, either after the disabled stocker or hack off the stock fpr and tap the rail (preferred so not to risk leakage

/failure of the stock fpr)

Ive done both. Either way, if done correctly should have no operational issues if correct pressure is used.

Get in touch with Brian, lowershoresperformance for all your custom hose needs.

phil

Get with Brian

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad20/brianarnone2009/FuelFilterFitting.jpg

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad20/brianarnone2009/FuelRailAssembly.jpg

maybe i want to "mess with success" because my inlet is a big ol' failure.. sooo i wanted a yay or neh or "hey this works" instead.. sound advise absorbed but its just null caliber, i need a better option..

If it comes down to a decision of whether it works fine the way it is, or lets try something different that is not proven to work. I'll chose the proper way. I tried to help you out. If you don't need or desire my advice...P.M. Me next time. Instead of trying to make me look like I don't know what i'm talking about.P.S. Sound advice has gotten me though 22 years of owning the same ESI-R ;) Your post stated this:"Aeromotive RRFPR, Where to put it"? And I posted a picture on where I have mine installed. You seem like a arrogant a.. I am trying to help you and you take this kind of a attitude towards me???? Just like your comment right after I spent the time posting a picture of my Aero install........."Yea, I got the install part"?????? If you want help maybe you should temper your comments.You might ask another question that no one knows the answer to except me?

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Can't go wrong with stuff from Brian. I still need to have a few fittings changed out (my fpr placement puts things out of whack) but i'm happy with how my FPR is run.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b287/RX-7-88/Mobile%20Uploads/Photo04021620.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b287/RX-7-88/Mobile%20Uploads/Photo04021620_1.jpg

and i said sound advice absorbed. and i expanded my thread to include my next question. thanks for your advise but keep your personal feelings at the door man i really dont care what you think about my attitude. im pretty sure i never showed one and respectfully acknowledged your input as sound and helpful.. so where do you get off calling me an A? anyways, back on track. i have all the info i need now thanks to you and a couple other members and i appreciate all the information and will use it to the fullest. your pictures are very informative InvolvedRotary!! looks great, actually exactly what i was looking for man if i could +1 you i would brother!! looks like someone was paying attention to more posts than just the title ;)

The Rabbit1: I dont have a knock box because the P.O. wired in what I was told was a caravan ignitor module. Ive not had any real issues with it.

REDi: I recommend if installing the FPR, to find a more suitable mounting for it than where the knock box goes. I had to 'reshape' the metal fuel return line so I could get my SS hose onto it without kinking...much cursing and scraped/bleeding knuckles were had.