this doesnt look right....

88conquest_nutz

im trying to hook up my A/F guage, and i searched and it said to hook it up to the shielded wire for the O2 sensor. well i found the wire, and it had this thing attached to it... just doesnt seem right to me. it was just connected to one of the screws that holds the ECU in place.

post-12338-130068114688_thumb.jpg

im trying to hook up my A/F guage, and i searched and it said to hook it up to the shielded wire for the O2 sensor. well i found the wire, and it had this thing attached to it... just doesnt seem right to me. it was just connected to one of the screws that holds the ECU in place.

That is the ground for the shielding on the actual wire you need to connect to.

the problem is they ground'd the wrong end,, the a/f meter needs to be connect'd ahead of the shield (part where the white wire is smallest),, grounding the shield where it is just remove'd the entire shield from the entire signal wire length , the shield is a very fine wire and is easy to short out, you need to remove the shield for an inch arround the connection point and make every effort to not have even one of the fine wire strands touching the signal feed wire , then reconnect the red/blk wire to where it was

now it's ok to attatch the a/f meter ground wire to the same mounting screw on the ecu

I think shelby might be looking at the wrong thing.

the black wire with red is just a ground wire. it's ok to have the braided shielding wire touching it. the shield wire and that black with red wire both need to be in good contact with a good ground, as does the ECU case itself.

the signal wire is the white wire. that looks like it's fine.