Ive gotta bad knock

Gotta bad knocking. Has plenty of power in 1-3 but 4th and 5th are boggy and wont let the rpms build. The motor will die if you let off the gas. Feels like it coming though my tranny. Throw out bearing? idk. The oil pressure and temp gauges were reading normal and the trans was shifting smooth. Just wondering if anyone good tell me some diff things to check. Thanks.

Sounds like a loose flywheel.

Thats what i was thinking. Either flywheel or throw out bearing. I hope its that and not something internaly in my motor. But the knocking goes with the vibration in my shifter and clutch pedal so thats a good sighn.

so it doesn't do it in neutral.. knocks hard like a rod? loose flywheel?

Im going to check the flywheel. Would it cause it to lose power and die going down the road? If it was a rod or bearing idt it would caz it to die just knock like a mofo. But the a throw out bearing or flywheel would, i do belive. lol

out of all of those listed only the rod knock causes a change in power. and that's after driving it like that for a loong time.

unless the knock sensor is picking it up somehow..?

You sure the knock isn't an exhaust leak "tick"?

I just fixed my manifold and exhaust so no. lol its deff a knock. and it just happened all of a sudden. i was in 3rd going up a big hill then at the top i put it in 4th and the car died. then when i pulled over and started it back up it was knocking. It died like 6 times on the way home. I was only a few miles from my house when it happened.

does it still die? does it knock in neutral with the clutch out? does the knocking change if you rev it?

you can check the flywheel if you leave it in gear and turn crank side to side a bit and crank moves before clutch assembly does.

does it still die? does it knock in neutral with the clutch out? does the knocking change if you rev it?

you can check the flywheel if you leave it in gear and turn crank side to side a bit and crank moves before clutch assembly does.

When the clutch is in the knock is gone.It does NOT knock at idle. But the higher the rpm ,the worse the knock.

Broken gear in the transmission will do that too.

All the gears shift and drive smooth tho.

bad bearing possibly. I

i'm leaning towards flywheel or maybe even broken spring in clutch disc

how old is the clutch and have you actually changed it?

bad bearing possibly. I

i'm leaning towards flywheel or maybe even broken spring in clutch disc

how old is the clutch and have you actually changed it?

Not sure. The clutch was in the car when i bought it. Dont know how many miles are on it.

There's the possibility of an ate up thrust bearing. What do you know about that engine? You been able to pry on the flywheel yet?

was what i started thinking, if one question was answered it would help

so it doesn't do it in neutral.. knocks hard like a rod? loose flywheel?