treadstone mani to fit STOCK 12a

starquestG54B

Time for a reality check. You say you've been laid off for almost a year. You have little $. You should be saving all you can. I know being unemployed can be boring. I've been there too. But spending all your extra $ on a car project when you don't have a job is foolish. I've gone that route and paid the price for it. You need to get a used stock mani and save the rest of your $.

You see where I put the "LOL" part in... it was because you said the same thing to me in another thread... LOL.

Anyway, spending money you don't have trying to make your car go faster is only asking for a blown up car eventually. Get a stock manifold and port it out.

-Robert

^^What he said. Also, as was mentioned before, use a band saw or something to cut slots in between the runners to "stress-relieve" the manifold. Helps it expand and contract more evenly as it goes through its heat cycles and makes it less likely to crack over time.

^^What he said. Also, as was mentioned before, use a band saw or something to cut slots in between the runners to "stress-relieve" the manifold. Helps it expand and contract more evenly as it goes through its heat cycles and makes it less likely to crack over time.

DO NOT CUT BETWEEN RUNNERS 1 AND 2. If you cut between 1 and 2, and studs/nuts come loose from the head (it'll happen if you don't go with ALL new hardware) you'll crack it immediately as nothing is holding it in place (this is where they all crack anyway, why make it easier to crack),I had a "stress relieved" mani for a bit, and she cracked on me. If you find a good uncracked one, resurface it, AND LEAVE IT ALONE! If it's lasted 20+ years, Mitsu got something right.

Just port it and call it a day if you want.

Edited by D_Venable

DO NOT CUT BETWEEN RUNNERS 1 AND 2. If you cut between 1 and 2, and studs/nuts come loose from the head (it'll happen if you don't go with ALL new hardware) you'll crack it immediately as nothing is holding it in place (this is where they all crack anyway, why make it easier to crack),I had a "stress relieved" mani for a bit, and she cracked on me. If you find a good uncracked one, resurface it, AND LEAVE IT ALONE! If it's lasted 20+ years, Mitsu got something right.

Just port it and call it a day if you want.

Agreed, never cut the webbing. Take it from someone who worked in an exhaust shop. When you cut the webbing it causes nothing but trouble.

I had the Treadstone and I have to say the ported/stress relieved stock Top End Performance manifold I have had for 8 years and am running now (again) flows VERY well, the runners are way opened up just like the Treadstone, but your TD05 turbo still will sit in the normal position.

As far as cutting the webbing, well the webbing is cut on mine (stress relieved) and it has been around for 8 years with no problems, before that I went through three of them, they cracked and also busted studs.

Don't fix it cheap, fix it right. If you think re-doing the exhaust and the other assorted tweaks (to run a treadstone) won't add up to $150, you may be surprised.

Edited by Fuze

evo3 16g isnt a "tiny" turbo

Relatively, yeah it is. Especially compared to what else you can bolt to a T3 manifold. I walked into "Mother's speed shop" here in NJ when it was around, a big PR-style import drag shop, looking for some turbo hardware. I walked in with a T3/20G and the dude said "what's that little guy you got there?"

LOL

i have a spare manifold sitting on my starion i just wanted to do away with it all together and go with somthing less prone to cracking. i done this 5 times back in december and im just getting sick of doing it all the time. and thank you fuze your giving me the information i need and not giving me life coaching like EVERYONE is doing. thanks agian and i guess i will just use what i got for now and hit SMB up later this year. oh and thanks anyway meyers i apprectiate the offer