runs like poop

starquestG54B

well i done a boost leak test today and fixed all but one leak that i cant find down underneath the turbo???

i dont see how i could loose boost from under the turbo. its a slight leak .

i have a really really ROUGH idle and an accassional missfire but not constant and a exstremly slow acceleration

mods list

evo3 16G

1g maf

MSD blaster 2 coil

EGR delete

new vac lines all the way around

new vacuum advance

NXS MBC

3inch DP

crappy Mookeeh hardpipes

cruise control delete

rebuilt tb

think thats all

Edited by starquestG54B

just because it's new doesn't mean it may have been mis-assembled. I've seen those O-Rings get pinched when re-assembling the compressor housing on the turbo. Just becareful with that snap ring. If it snaps back and hits you it will put an eye out.

just because it's new doesn't mean it may have been mis-assembled. I've seen those O-Rings get pinched when re-assembling the compressor housing on the turbo. Just becareful with that snap ring. If it snaps back and hits you it will put an eye out.

the leak is coming from my manifold not the turbo. either the manifold or the head. i cant pin-point it. thanks for the advice though

Edited by starquestG54B

What ever you put in place of the EGR valve it must have a gasket. As in the aluminum OEM type gasket? If that plate is leaking its both an exhaust leak and intake manifold leak because you have exhaust from the exhaust port running through the middle of the head back over to the intake gasket and through the head to where that EGR valve was mounted.

you could also spray soapy water while doing the boost leak test. It will bubble where the leak is. And he has an OEM O2 sensor with no AFR gauge and he's using NGK's. I believe they're BPR7ES-11's

What ever you put in place of the EGR valve it must have a gasket. As in the aluminum OEM type gasket? If that plate is leaking its both an exhaust leak and intake manifold leak because you have exhaust from the exhaust port running through the middle of the head back over to the intake gasket and through the head to where that EGR valve was mounted.

its plated off with a steel type gasket. the same set from 101 on ebay. its not leaking

you could also spray soapy water while doing the boost leak test. It will bubble where the leak is. And he has an OEM O2 sensor with no AFR gauge and he's using NGK's. I believe they're BPR7ES-11's

tryed it buddy and it doesnt work.

change the mas to stock until you figure out the prob. you have the old rubber accordan hose? what was replaced when you did the tb rebuild? intake manifold gasket? break booster vac hose?

well that idea is out the window. my little brother just droppedit and broke it. i only replaced the lemon shaped o-ring and the tb to manifold gasket. it doesnt leak atall

two things 1 do a comp test, 2 does the head have jet valves ? answer that and we can get going

yep still has jet valves and tomorrow i will do a comp test but the last time i did a comp test it was as follows

cylinder 1 110

cylinder 2 90

cylinder 3 110

cylinder 4 110

FSM states: Limit:113 psi no more than 14psi difference between pistons. Did you try adding oil to see if compression would rise?

no i didnt know to do that when i ran the first test. and they should read 125 accross the boared on all cylinders

yep still has jet valves and tomorrow i will do a comp test but the last time i did a comp test it was as follows

cylinder 1 110

cylinder 2 90

cylinder 3 110

cylinder 4 110

remember, unhook injectors, and hold throttle to floor when cranking

AllData calls for 113-142

well i done a boost leak test today and fixed all but one leak that i cant find down underneath the turbo???

i dont see how i could loose boost from under the turbo. its a slight leak .

i have a really really ROUGH idle and an accassional missfire but not constant and a exstremly slow acceleration

mods list

evo3 16G

1g maf

MSD blaster 2 coil

EGR delete

new vac lines all the way around

new vacuum advance

NXS MBC

3inch DP

crappy Mookeeh hardpipes

cruise control delete

rebuilt tb

think thats all

when you did a leak test, did you run it into the engine or did you also block it off at the throttle body? if you ran it into the engine it could just be leaking on a mid stroke or you have a jetvalve stuck (i had a jet valve stuck in the summer, ran like crap)

when you did a leak test, did you run it into the engine or did you also block it off at the throttle body? if you ran it into the engine it could just be leaking on a mid stroke or you have a jetvalve stuck (i had a jet valve stuck in the summer, ran like crap)

yeah stuck it into the turbo and let her rip. the only leak i hear now is coming from under the turbo. is it possible that i have a bad head gasket? because im doing the test thru the motor and its sounding like its leaking where the head meets the block