86 smokes oil when decelerating

mhenneboehle

hard to tell but my hatch is slid back and when windows are down the smell makes its way into car and its definitely oil. i can see it out of my mirrors but hard to tell color.

but only smoke when off the gas under a load. doesn't smoke on start up or any other time. and i do have a factory pcv valve for those that will chime that in.

Even with a rebuilt motor and a non OEM PCV valve it will smoke, go to the dealer and get an OEM PCV valve and make sure your oil separator hoses are clean, not mashed or kinked. You can soak the separator in solvent and rinse, its full of muck. Oil is blown around seals and valve guides even if new from crankcase pressure while you are driving then you coast and the only thing there to burn is the oil since your TPS has briefly cut fuel then its just idling but still the oil was there past the valve seals to run down the valve stem. Same for the turbo seals, crankcase pressure blows oil past them out the exhaust to be burnt and into the compressor housing to blow into the intercooler and what isn't trapped in there gets into the throttlebody.

times of max vacuum is durring decell,,this is the time for jet valve seals and valve stem seals to leak ,,, i'd lean more so towards jet valve seals tho , if you have them

the turbo never see's vacuum under boost or durring decell

i'm going to order elimination kit from dad this weekend. i have a feeling that is the case because bad valve seals would cause it to smoke on cold start up. ill let ya know what happens when i get kit installed. i have never done one but im sure it cant be to hard. the kit looks pretty simple.