I've found the Ark of the Covenant today...

Coke

Justin,

*in my opinion*, you should not do this if you feel you are "doing everyone here a favor". you should only do it because you want to do it and want to contribute to the starquest's "preservation". asking for donations is not a good idea because in all reality, whoever is donating would be better off using that money toward their own copy of the fsm which are all over ebay. please don't think of this as a carrot on a stick or let it get to your head if its not too late ;)

I scanned the 88 Parts manual. I did it at my work on lunch break. Bout 50 pages at a time, took a couple weeks. I could have stayed over or come in on a weekend but doing a little at a time kept me from getting burned out. I did cut the binding but punched holes as I scanned and put it in a binder. The binder is tucked away in a box safe and sound, not worried about protecting the pages since I use the digital copy most of the time.

Kane

Edited by MainstreaM

If you guys want these scanned in, I may be able to assist. :D

My father-in-law owns a computer business (I help clean the offices every other weekend, as well) and I have complete access to a high speed scanner capable of duplexing (2 sided pages). It also auto doc feeder that will scan and I can directly export to pdf, then I can batch process OCR (text recognition) so that the downloaded versions can be enabled easily with keyword search functionality (can also watermark, if needed for the Club).

One of the only drawbacks is the spines (binding) would have to be removed for scanning (as mentioned above). They could be re-punched (or drilled) and put into binders using the covers as inserts.

The other thing is they'd have to be shipped to me in PA (17237). It may be more of a pain that it's worth to everyone involved, but it's a lot cheaper than $1000. And I wouldn't mind helpin' out the community because the information on here has helped me out greatly, only because others dedicated their time as well....and no, I'm not tryin to earn "street cred" or "brownie points"B). Just offering by doing something I enjoy and helpin out fellow members if at all possible.

Let me know if the ball is already in someone's court or if you would like me to join in, just letting you know I'm game.

Thx

N8