NC and SC meet

Ron Burgandy

So far we have tossed around the idea of us NC and SC guys/gals getting together this summer. Two places have been thrown around Myrtle Beach, Sc and Charlotte, Nc.

Please post if you are willing to be there and give some ideas on when and where you'd like to meet. We could even see if some of the VA and GA guys/gals want to come since Sc and Nc are kinda in the middle of those two states.

Post your thoughts.

I vote for Myrtle Beach in July.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bro Colin is in North Carolina and owns two Conquests and i know of a few more owners in the same state , its about time you peeps got a meet going , there sure is a lot of you SQ guys in those two states,more than enough to get a strong meet together . :) Edited by scottygibb

I'll be the first one to reply and I will bring two Quest's with me

as far as a vote I will take Myrtle Beach its closer but I will not

complain about Charlotte either.

Edited by lyons8821

Central location yes but what is there for alot of people to do in Charlotte? Maybe some of the local guys could shed some light. I myself have never been to Charlotte i do know the Zmaxx Dragstrip is there but what is there to do for a two or three day trip?

As for Myrtle Beach there is alot to do, Planet Hollywood, The boardwalk, Aquarium, Clubs/Bars, THE BEACH, and im sure alot more ive been a few times and loved it. Its the summer who doesnt want to go to the beach? Plus plenty of hotels and places to stay. Its a tourist place so you know your day will be full of stuff to do.

Where are the Charlotte people? Id like to know what is in Charlotte to do for a visitor to the city? If your going to make a trip out of it what would attract someone to go to charlotte? Besides the dragstrip.

Central location yes but what is there for alot of people to do in Charlotte? Maybe some of the local guys could shed some light. I myself have never been to Charlotte i do know the Zmaxx Dragstrip is there but what is there to do for a two or three day trip?

As for Myrtle Beach there is alot to do, Planet Hollywood, The boardwalk, Aquarium, Clubs/Bars, THE BEACH, and im sure alot more ive been a few times and loved it. Its the summer who doesnt want to go to the beach? Plus plenty of hotels and places to stay. Its a tourist place so you know your day will be full of stuff to do.

Where are the Charlotte people? Id like to know what is in Charlotte to do for a visitor to the city? If your going to make a trip out of it what would attract someone to go to charlotte? Besides the dragstrip.

I agree. I don't know anything about Charlotte. I was just looking at mainly the drive distance and how much more expensive MB is. The beach is great but the traffic sucks, Ive been there a couple times and thats why I don't go there for vacation just to busy. I would like to hear from the Charlotte and MB peeps myself.

These mini meets are about the cars second and the peeps FIRST ! , the entertainment aspect really doesn't come in to play much , bring hot dogs a grille to cook on, alcohol,a camera and your finest B.S. , thats all thats required for a fun mini meet. :)

Please some of the charlotte and mb guys chime in with your opinions! And your right the people make the trip worth while, with great people comes great fun! So we have plenty of time but due to work and eveyones other obligations lets try to find a place and set a date for a few months from now so everyone has plenty of time to decide whether they are gunna go or not and can let work and others know of there plans.

These mini meets are about the cars second and the peeps FIRST ! , the entertainment aspect really doesn't come in to play much , bring hot dogs a grille to cook on, alcohol,a camera and your finest B.S. , thats all thats required for a fun mini meet. http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

+1 on dathttp://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif That's what its about....Well put.

There's a specific location for threads about meets. This should be there, instead of in the Just BS.

Just sayin'...

i looked but must have overlooked it.

and why not leave your input on the subject instead of saying where the thread should be. its not hurting anything in the bs section. if the admins want it moved they will move it.

just sayin'.......

Myrtle would possibly be better. Charlotte has various things to do, but I'm not sure how many Quest owners would be interested in. We have the Nascar Hall of Fame, which is pretty cool. Also, the Epicenter, in Uptown Charlotte, has a few pretty cool clubs, like Dale Junior's Whisky River. I love living here in Charlotte, but I'd rather go SOMEWHERE ELSE for a meet! lol I go to Charlotte places all the time, yet I'm not saying a meet wouldn't be good here for other people. Especially if it turns out to be a good central location. Like noted by someone earlier, it might be a little less expensive than Myrtle Beach, too. As far as the coast goes, I wouldn't mind having another vacation at Hilton Head Island.

you could have it during mustang week here in july. im sure everyones seen the infamous mustang crashes leaving the show :ph34r: . yea the traffic does get bad here in the summer, but there are some roads you can use to get around it. if you do have it in july, id make sure to get your hotels early, because itd be hard to all get the same hotel if you wait to long. Edited by 88conquest_nutz

FYI... PF is the 4th of july weekend. I would steer away from July, as anyone that would make the effort to go, is already gonna be goin to PF, and 2 weekend trips in 1 month isnt something that alot of folks would be able to swing. I would like to see a mid fall meet or late spring. I would be very iffy about bein able to go very far, as I travel with a race team and free weekends are a rarity for me. But, I know several local guys that have come by have mentioned getting something together. If we decided to do Charlotte, it would obviously be easier for me, but thats for the masses to decide. We could definately BBQ at my house one night if it does go that way. I hope this does get put together, sounds like it could be fun.

BC_99

I'm from Charlotte, although I don't live there anymore. And as BandY said, there is allot to do in Charlotte. There are plenty of bars, restarants, go-karts tracks, and stuff like that. Aside from the hot women walking around in bikinis while you sit and watch for free, oh lawd............{give me a sec} It's not much different from the beach. We could put our funds together and rent out the indoor go-kart track and go at it. And we would have a blast. These are not your average little renky-denk go-karts either. You have to wear helmets.

I'm from Charlotte, although I don't live there anymore. And as BandY said, there is allot to do in Charlotte. There are plenty of bars, restarants, go-karts tracks, and stuff like that. Aside from the hot women walking around in bikinis while you sit and watch for free, oh lawd............{give me a sec} It's not much different from the beach. We could put our funds together and rent out the indoor go-kart track and go at it. And we would have a blast. These are not your average little renky-denk go-karts either. You have to wear helmets.

Sounds like fun! I like the ideas. If we end up having it in charlotte I would like to hit the zmaxx dragstrip. Keep the ideas and votes coming people. Even if y'all want to meet somewhere else in the carolinas besides charlotte or myrtle beach then say so.

Ya know me and a friend where talking about this last night, but what if we found a way to rent part of VIR and headed there for a day or two. I know that might be a bit of a drive for the SC and GA crowd but just an idea. I've never been to VIR so idk how all that works or nothing and haven't had time to really get on their site to ask.

You guys do realize that z max is right beside the dirt track and across the street from Charlotte motor speedway, right? You would have to check the dates, but there is a road course in the infield of the big track and they have open track days there from time to time. There is also Concord Motorsports park just down the road for some local saturday night racing (if anyones into that). There are several indoor go-kart facilities, that top dawg mentioned and they are no joke, as he already stated. More shopping than I care to think about, less than a mile from the Z Max track at Concord Mills mall, for the wives of course. There are also race shop tours and plenty of other attractions for the touristy types of folks. Lake Norman is just up the road also, for anyone thats into that. Just tossin ideas out there.

BC_99