New Car

Skullzaflare

Looking at the 2011 Chevy Cruze

with the 1.8l i4, not the turbo 1.4l

6 speed manual with overdrive (not sure how that works)

base package new to consumer is $16,995

But i can get one new from the dealer for $11,000

any opinions on this car? just like to get something new and reliable

(i would be getting the dark blue)

6th gear is overdrive gear.

i always discourage people from buying a first gen car. you know, second release will have a lot of things fixed. Chevy is finally turning around with their new upcoming line up.

$11k is uber cheap for that car. Test drive it, you tell us how it is. Otherwise, see what else you can get for that price range that's from a known reliable brand.

Dont forget the used car market. Dealer or private.

Edited by Killtodie

6th gear is overdrive gear.

i always discourage people from buying a first gen car. you know, second release will have a lot of things fixed. Chevy is finally turning around with their new upcoming line up.

$11k is uber cheap for that car. Test drive it, you tell us how it is. Otherwise, see what else you can get for that price range that's from a known reliable brand.

Dont forget the used car market. Dealer or private.

well, my uncle said warranty wise, no one has brought any back, except a few small nit pick things

i went to the mitsu dealership yesterday in hopes of possibly getting a evo, i love the way they look, but they didnt have any evos. that and most of their cars were auto

i cant drive auto, i fall asleep

so i settled down to their lancer gts, but thats still alot more than what id want to pay for a fwd car lol. i wanted awd.

Wait for the Fiat 500 Abarth's. They'll be pushing more HP than the Cruze with a smaller motor and same gas mileage, plus they make you giddy when you drive them. :)

yea but the cars that make me smile when i give it gas, get no gas mileage as they are always on the floor lol, like my conquest lol

I say go for it. A new car for 11,000?? Im assuming it has a warranty as well. You cant really go wrong man. I like the looks of those cars

yep same warranty as full price, if not more having my uncle work there :)

they have 49 Cruze's in stock...of said 49, 4 are manual

the dealerships site doesnt say the outside color, so i have him checking colors when he comes back from lunch. i like the imperial blue metallic they come in

well, my uncle said warranty wise, no one has brought any back, except a few small nit pick things

i went to the mitsu dealership yesterday in hopes of possibly getting a evo, i love the way they look, but they didnt have any evos. that and most of their cars were auto

i cant drive auto, i fall asleep

so i settled down to their lancer gts, but thats still alot more than what id want to pay for a fwd car lol. i wanted awd.

I just recently purchased a GTS, love it always getting complements on it, plus notthing on the road look simmilar to it exept the Lexus IS series somewhat. You can get the CVT trans where you have paddle sihfting or just leave it on auto best of both worlds. But love the car, but good luck on your choice.

I just recently purchased a GTS, love it always getting complements on it, plus notthing on the road look simmilar to it exept the Lexus IS series somewhat. You can get the CVT trans where you have paddle sihfting or just leave it on auto best of both worlds. But love the car, but good luck on your choice.

yea, he tried to talk me into it, but its the same as auto to me, no clutch motion

yea, he tried to talk me into it, but its the same as auto to me, no clutch motion

They do make 5 speed and with most options and rebaits that mitsu is giving out on the 2010 i think it was like 2500 or 3k rebait you are at the price of the chevy.

The new chevy is nice looking but it is like buying a new car that look all the same. The GTS has more power with no turbo, but if you want turbo they make a turbo kit for it and thats from road race engineering. You are also looking at the new car warranty with all of them once you start messing with it, you might be out of luck.

Cheavy warranty 3yr 36k bumper to bumper - powertrain 5yr 100k

Mitsu 5 yr 60k bumper to bumper - powertrain 10yr - 100k (same as hyundia)

Try renting each car for a week from a rental car company and see what you like then choose the one you want - but the goes to any car you choose.

good luck hope you choose the one you will be happy with.

They do make 5 speed and with most options and rebaits that mitsu is giving out on the 2010 i think it was like 2500 or 3k rebait you are at the price of the chevy.

The new chevy is nice looking but it is like buying a new car that look all the same. The GTS has more power with no turbo, but if you want turbo they make a turbo kit for it and thats from road race engineering. You are also looking at the new car warranty with all of them once you start messing with it, you might be out of luck.

Cheavy warranty 3yr 36k bumper to bumper - powertrain 5yr 100k

Mitsu 5 yr 60k bumper to bumper - powertrain 10yr - 100k (same as hyundia)

Try renting each car for a week from a rental car company and see what you like then choose the one you want - but the goes to any car you choose.

good luck hope you choose the one you will be happy with.

problem is, the GTS gas 21,000 miles, where as the Cruze has 3

i say go for a new golf GTI or spend the money on the quest to get it reliable man.

i hate vw, you couldnt pay me to own another, and my car doesnt do financing

Edited by Skullzaflare

problem is, the GTS gas 21,000 miles, where as the Cruze has 3

i hate vw, you couldnt pay me to own another, and my car doesnt do financing

Buy another conquest and put 10k into it. At that point your SQ will be more badarse than most.

read bold lol

I say if you want a good chevy with good power go for the Cobalt. It's been aged now and doesn't take much to set it apart from a crowd. After 6 years I still get compliments on mine and sometimes the occasional, "What is that? And the only visual mods are, 18" rims, an aggressive drop, tinted tails, blacked headlights, and I removed all emblems and painted the crossbar on the grill black. Oh and tinted windows. Best of all it doesn't look like a Civic and with intake, exhaust, and DP I can take down stock Si's. And I dot NOT have the SS model.

Not to mention there's a lot of troubleshooting support in the forum I belong to.

Edited by TexasTieaga

I say if you want a good chevy with good power go for the Cobalt. It's been aged now and doesn't take much to set it apart from a crowd. After 6 years I still get compliments on mine and sometimes the occasional, "What is that? And the only visual mods are, 18" rims, an aggressive drop, tinted tails, blacked headlights, and I removed all emblems and painted the crossbar on the grill black. Oh and tinted windows. Best of all it doesn't look like a Civic and with intake, exhaust, and DP I can take down stock Si's. And I dot NOT have the SS model.

Not to mention there's a lot of troubleshooting support in the forum I belong to.

i can get a 2007 cobalt SS for less than $9,700(the list price) but you never know how its been driven, im im trying to get something with gas mileage, not to worried about power

I would go for it. They have a pretty good warranty and from what i've read they have some really neat engineering things on the eco-model. plus it sits lower from the factory ;)

i like the imperial blue, i think im going to ride up to his work here after my paint dries, and test drive one

Used Cobalt SS usually equals abuse. The clutch doesn't really hold up after all that either. And my base model 2.2 gets 34 mpg. But let us know how the Volt is. It's a pretty nice looking car. Not my style but it's still nice.

heck, my friends cobalt SS supercharged has 70,000 ish miles, it gets 30+mpg with regular driving. it still puts a smile on my face to ride around in it. nice car except for the spoiler and the interior plastic. the LSD in teh trans can be twitchy though on anything other than a dry paved road

heck, my friends cobalt SS supercharged has 70,000 ish miles, it gets 30+mpg with regular driving. it still puts a smile on my face to ride around in it. nice car except for the spoiler and the interior plastic. the LSD in teh trans can be twitchy though on anything other than a dry paved road

My base model is pushin 130k and still strong... except for the aftermarket security system that decided to shut the ignition down. I push start it and then the system cuts fuel and she dies :(

I can't believe I"m gonna say this, but...I"m with Toadie on this one: don't buy 1st gen model cars, specially from an American automaker, it may never go past 1st GEN model :unsure:

Also, don't buy Mitsubishi. They shifting their US market by 2014, kiss the Eclipse good bye, as well as other models. And get ready for the cars Mitsu has been slinging around the world, small little matchbox cars with dinky itty bitty engines.

I'd stay away from American compacts, as a general rule, they suck king kong @#$*! Hyundai has been making better cars in recent decades, Honda and Toyota have econo cars that will long over last any Chevy econobox.

Just by a kia forte 4 door or 2 door - good price, nice handeling, good warranty and it will be a new car. But it comes down to what do you want to spend for per month or how much total cost you are looking at.

Im with you I to will never buy VW after 3 of them with all electrical issues. They are nice cars but I rather fix mechanical issues instead of electricals.