Tune or Mechanical Issue???

Okay so this build (86 MPI Conquest) has been a work in progress for a while but I got my self set up with MS1 Extra from FIP and ive been having trouble getting the car to start :angry:

It cranks and gives one good sputter and then wont go any further, it just shuts off. It was recomended that I play with the required fuel because it seemed a bit low (6.6) so I started slowly adjusting it by raising it by small intervals and it was all the same until I got to 8.5 but even then it only idled for about 5 seconds but it was a horrible idle. Almost, sounded like it was firing on one cylinder.

Everything else seems to be in fine order its getting spark the fuel pressure seems good, its at 40psi when its cranking.

At this point im at a loss and cannot figure this thing out. Has anybody experienced anything like this before or know of anybody who has? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Im trying to attach a tune and datalog file along with this but it keeps just saying that there is an error and im not permitted to upload that kind of file (.msq and .xls)

anybody have any idea how to get around that.

Sorry if I left out any crucial details, just let me know if I did and ill get it up here.

THANKS

Yeah sorry I should have specified, I bought the car with the FIP setup and then I sent it out to scott to get the MS1 Extra upgrade so that I could control timing and eliminate the vacuum advance.

Also, since I bought the car with the injectors already in I wasnt completely sure about the size but scott mentioned that FIP always came with 75lbs/hr.

You can e-mail me at e3mand@aol.com if thats easier, I check my e-mail all the time.

Thanks for the help man

Edited by e3mand

The caravan or CR125 ignition module likes the MSD tach adapter mounted between the +12V and signal, I have tried several circuits to address the issue but mounting the tach adapter works every time. It both pulls the signal up to 12 volts and cleans it up. I have asked you if you've done that yet but I have not gotten an answer, please give it a try.

Scott

Scott- I just looked in my e-mail and for some reason it sent the last e-mail to spam so I just saw it ill give that a try, sorry about that man.

Phinko- Yes my dizzy is converted so I believe I am fuel and ignition.